Teamspeak Server Down

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
Ohio...that suck ass STATE.
FYI........
This is a message to notify all of our teamspeak customers that we will be doing teamspeak maintenance on the 14th of September that will last 1-2 hours. During this time, the server will be up, but will go down several times.

This maintenance will fix a couple things, some being:

1- Bad permissions: We have been hosting teamspeak since the first beta versions, alot of permissions are messed up and missing about the new features.

2- MySQL Integration: We will be moving the database scheme from the classical SQLiteDB to MySQL which will increase reliability and database stability.

Thank you.

Been busy at work and haven't made it home until late for the past 4 months. Getting tired of it so I'm looking for a job closer.

I hope all is well with you guys. I miss playing games but I have been too damn tired to play after a stressful day.

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
Thanks. I'm having a hard time unscrewing the the previous administrator's mistakes that is now costing me some of my free time. Fight the political crap at a University is hard!!

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Fighting political crap is hard no matter were you work. Should try it between Gov. Agencies.. Lets have meetings to discuss issues, then schedule more meetings to discuss new issues discovered at last meeting, etc..
Anyway fight the good fight and don't let the stress get to ya.. Remember you still have family and friends, I know that «BuA» falls in between them somewhere..

;);)

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
Guess what...I was invoiced 1 month early and it says my card has expired but it's not. Gerrrrrrrr....my not be on right now. I have checked my emails and have nothing from them shutting the damn thing off. PISSED ME OFF......OK. I have to see about getting 40 bucks to get it going again.

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
Ok...here it is....Art of War central moved away from American Express which was apart of my auto renewal. So I don't have a MC or Visa to enter as a way to renew. I looked into my paypal account but it will take 3 to 5 days before I can use it from my bank account. So there it is. I'm sort of stuck. 40 bucks is needed so.

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
THANKS TO TAZ.....the server is now up and running. I had to call Art of War Central to get the server goin. The guy was even shocked that my support service plus that my card has been removed. But when I told him it was from AMX...he said that it hurt Art of War Central. So it's now up and running. I apoligize to all you guys. I'm normally better than this when it comes to emails (I have my Blackberry hooked up to it) and should have responded faster and planned the update. Again...sorry guys. Just rough times and hits just keep on coming.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Morty, you're the silver lining on a cloudy day brother... I had to laugh to myself when I saw that you actually apologized for the server being down.
You're a good man, Morty... much love to you.

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
Is there a reason we didn't switch to TS3? I tried it earlier this week and the voice quality is way better. Then again maybe it was just the way the server was set.

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
You know, I was browsing around the TS3 website... and I think Dev may be onto something. It doesn't look like it did when it first came out. Plus, I think our PC's are robust enough that we don't need to worry if it uses a little bit more resources.

Can we look into the cost difference between TS2 and TS3? Are they the same? You think they'd let us switch over without a hassle or tagged on fees?

It sounds like a good product. Better voice quality, lower latency. Supposedly has background noise/echo suppression built in.

Worth looking into? AOWC doesn't even offer TS2 servers anymore except for the "downgrade" option when ordering a TS3 server. I don't know who has the account, Taz or Morty. Would you mind inquiring?

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
I have tried to upgrade the server to TS3 and it says we have TS3 already. Odd.....we are still running TS2. So I asked the question because it says we have TS3 so I'm seeing if we do. The funds level is at 15 dollars after the January invoice was paid. Once I hear back from AWOC I will see what I can do to move it to a TS3 server. BTW I am alive but working on getting things that were long overdue done after my divorce. Just finally rolling forward for once. My cars are fixed....now working on the house. No PC upgrade for me in the future.

Last edited: