Mutator: Inf Weapon Enhancement

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Turin_Turambar said:
(warning, i wrote this w/o use my brain)

Well, instead of zooming out to see the surroundings, you could try to zoom in more, to see the surrounding through the optic; kind like the acog, but without the zoom.

That's most likely giving clipping errors. I believe that's the reason why most weapons aren't as close to the eye as IRL.

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Hm...I feel like the *new* way of aiming a g36k is far from realistic, sry (I do not say it is correct for all other weapons)...and it looks ugly. I think: Leave it the old way.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
- Lich - said:
Hm...I feel like the *new* way of aiming a g36k is far from realistic, sry (I do not say it is correct for all other weapons)...and it looks ugly. I think: Leave it the old way.

the old way.. nobody uses it exept for rasalom :D

Vega-don

Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
i really love that mutator, i love you crowse
i was playing inf that afternoon and i could use the famas in siberia TDM and kill people! i see many people using the famas thats cool.
after that i was on kazakhstan (between russia and ouzbekhistan) and i could use the Shotgun and the power of the shotgun was in my hands! with one shot/kill at closes ranges..the real shootgun is back!
after that i was on arsenal and the minimi was a great weapon. this mutator is fantastic

N'kEnNy

Aug 1, 2003
I live here, Really.
www.ns-co.net
I guess there are no easy solutions for fixing the G36k then?
Without actually trying it in the game, it looks rather cumbersome... *sigh*

Perhaps a healthy medium could be found? I'm sure you'll come up with a good solution.

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Vega-don said:
i like turin idea, but i think the aimpoint is not meant to be used with the eye really close to it, its more like a reflex sight. if you want to really aim with that gun, theire is the scope. plus its not practical to walk around with a limited FOV..
Thats not really true. While Aimpoints aren't used really close to the eye, the G36K is aimed more like it was originally than how crowze has it.

The main problem isn't the distance between eye and optic.

The problem is that the current view is only from what the right eye sees. CCB sights are used with both eyes open. So the view should be of what the left eye sees, not the right. Then simply overlay a red dot at the point of aim and you are set.

You could even go a step further and overlay a ghost image of what the right eye sees with the red dot ontop of the left eye view. This would be the most realistic without gamers needing to wear 3D goggles to play the game. :D

Vega-don

Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
- Lich - said:
...and me :D ! Thats the best sniping assaultrifle in INF. And I do want it exactly as it is now!

the problem is that that weapon is not a sniping assault rifle. it is supposely as good in close combat than a smg , wich it is not with this system currently

crowse, i think its better to put it further, because for 2 users who like it like its now, theires 200 who hate it and want a sight where they actualy see the environement.

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Vega-don said:
the problem is that that weapon is not a sniping assault rifle. it is supposely as good in close combat than a smg , wich it is not with this system currently

crowse, i think its better to put it further, because for 2 users who like it like its now, theires 200 who hate it and want a sight where they actualy see the environement.

The best g36 version for real cqb is the g36C with a lot more open sights (simple irons for example).

At the moment (in INF) this gun is unique, and very useful! If you want to see the environment, well, there are enough assaultrifles which will be useful in this respect.

Another idea (both eyes) might (!) be simply to put the whole gun just more to the right of the screen (so you have a larger field of view on the left side). But I do not really know if that is possible without messing up the whole thing, or if it would look good.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
I don't know if that's possible without messing up the freeaim area. How would a compromise work here? Make it further than it is normally, but closer than I have it now. Then, you'd still have a fair area of vision around it without it being too easy to use.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
Best compromise you're likely to get for making any weapon useful in CQB is drastically limiting freeaim. Get rid of nearly all of it for pistols and cut it back immensely for SMGs and carbines, including the G36k. It's something that's been needed for some time, now.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
Yeah, god forbid people don't aim with full iron sights in close quarters.

There should also be an amount of weapon sway while hipped, which I believe was the aim of another mutator. A lot of this stuff needs to be combined.

N'kEnNy

Aug 1, 2003
I live here, Really.
www.ns-co.net
Remove or decrease the free-aim for the G36? Are you mad? Its one of the few things that make the G36 usable in CQB. Lowering the G36 can give you a nearly acceptable view of the battle-field situation.

If your going to do anything with the G36's free-aim perhaps allowing it to be lowered slightly more is the solution.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
On a more general note:

I think a combination of Psychomorph's 'Low Ready' idea and a weapon dependent reduction of the FOV when aiming (like RO does) would be a good way to incorporate pros/cons of ironsights/aimpoint etc. into INF.

I am talking 3.0+ here of course...

Focusing and blurring won't work for quite a while perfomance wise. (no clue how it could be cvontrolled by the player anyway)

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Crowze please make it like a true Aimpoint with both eyes open. Here are two ideas of how to do this ingame. The first is easier and is realistic, but isn't quite what a soldier sees when aiming. The second method would be harder (maybe impossible) but obviously looks better.

Attachments

• G36K AimPt Idea 1.jpg
    G36K AimPt Idea 1.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 65
  • G36K AimPt Idea 2.jpg
    G36K AimPt Idea 2.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 112