If we restarted FragBU...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would you play at FragBU if it came back? (See first post)

• Total voters

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Would you attend? Is there anything we could do to get you to attend?

My thoughts in restarting FragBU is that we would limit the server to one or maybe two gametypes. We could run special event nights where we played other gametypes as well, possibly by voting on them a week beforehand.

The trouble is, if we start FragBU again, we would need to know that people intended to come and play every weekend.

So, what do you think? I'm open to weighing literally any suggestion.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Suggestions are good, just remember that the things you suggest will have to be downloaded if they're mods. Some mod files are really huge in file size, but if we keep it to special events for certain mods, it probably won't be a problem.

Let's try and get FragBU back to life. :)

Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Is it right to say that the ping number for online play is a bad number, not a good one, and that the ping from NZ would be bad? I've tried playing on Australian servers and found that my character can apparently get ahead of my rockets, which seems dangerous.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
We would probably start with a limited set of gametypes. CTF would be one of the gametypes. Game rules would probably be defaulted to something without voting, but we would do different things for special events, obviously.

As far as international pings, they probably wouldn't be the best, but it would still be great to get people from other countries in the game and in TeamSpeak to hang out and have a good time.

We will also really limit the amount of custom content we load on the server, but I'm open to suggestions on what content gets loaded on there. I just don't want there to be reasons for people to avoid joining (such as, "AGH I don't have that map, I'll go play something else").

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
If the pings are less than 3-400 for me this time, I might play every so often. That was always the biggest catch with fragbu for me, even though I can normally connect to east coast servers without too much hassle.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
If the pings are less than 3-400 for me this time, I might play every so often. That was always the biggest catch with fragbu for me, even though I can normally connect to east coast servers without too much hassle.
We will probably start the server in Chicago and then move it around to try and find the best location for everyone.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
What would be the timeframe? Can't really play if it's 5AM for me.
FragBU has generally "started" on Friday night and continued on until Satudrday - Sunday morning (US timezones) if people wanted to, but there's no stopping you from joining at any other time. If the FragBU reporter returns, we'll see who joins in irc and people will get on the server to keep you company.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I'd be up for it with DM, TDM or CTF in any of the UT series games. Maybe this would give me a chance to sharpen my online skills a bit. The problem would be when I would be available to play, but I would try to get on at least one night every two weeks (hopefully more).:)

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
I'd be up for it, lolpings are a guarentee but that just makes stuff more fun :p

Again time issues would be the only problem, but even then i still don't have a job so it won't afect me at the moment.

I'd play DM or preferably TDM, CTF or iCTF and BTA, because that way i get stuff to pewpew with, instead of lolforcer. :p

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Is BTA like TAM? I wouldn't be opposed to having something like that available on the server.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Okay, cool. I'm not opposed to that. As much as people whined about TAM, we always had pretty decently fun games in 2k4 when TAM was on the server. Plus, I'm just up for trying anything that will get people to come and we can add/remove as necessary.