UT2004 - Skin(pack) - Robotics

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think of this skin?

• :tup:

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • :hmm:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • :tdown:

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Name: Robotics
System Requirements: Unreal Tournament 2004 (retail version+)
Type: Skin for Robot i(original)
Author: Klasnic
Teamcolors: 4
Additional Info:
Characters are choosable for player`s character in SinglePlayer-mode.
Characters can`t be chosen as teammate in SinglePlayer-mode.
The skills are raised to champion standarts.
Default robot voice.
Known Issues:
Taken from readme: said:
These characters were made for UT2004 and as with all my UT2004 stuff are unsupported and won't work as they're designed in UT2003.
Download: Skincity - 12,54 MB
Screenshot:

Robotics - Looks like Sigma`s pals are also joining the tournament now:

This has been classified an UT2003 skin, but due klas does not ensure UT2003 support and the 2 different robot designs, I classify this an UT2004-SP at the moment.

Everyone loving and adoring klasnic`s skins will remember Sigma, a robot with some kind of special effects. This was (as usual) a great skin, so let`s take a look at the newest piece of klasnic`s work.

The pros:
The 2 robots are once more really well designed and want to ensure Liandri superiority. Chances that their mission is succesful are pretty good due their awesome abilities and if you want you can live the story in Single Player mode because you are allowed to choose them for that purpose. So get the ownage of the Bloodfist team and go for some tournament rulings!
You`re still there? Want me to go on with the review?
Ok, here we go, but you should definitaly fasten your seatbelts due the really nice and beautiful special effects on them! klas really knows how to do some effects, they can make almost every skin a good one! And what do they do with nicely designed ones? You got it, a great one!
The teamcolors are also great:
They are done nicely with diffrent colors for the effects and can be recognized easily. I had doubts about it when I was in the character selection screen, but in game I had no problem shooting at the right ones and save my ammo not firing at my teamamtes. They just don`t leave much room for critiques.

The cons:
Shall I mention the too small portraits once more? It`s only IMO and doesn`t affect the score seriously but should still be mentioned.
It would have been cool to ad the special effects in the portrait too, klas I know you can do it!
The special effects are pretty nice, but you won`t have time to sit back drooling and watch them, they are pretty fierce competitors and don`t want to be admired by their rivals, they want to be feared and they will manage you to do! You simply won`t get close enough to watch the effects...

Words by reviewer:
klas needs no introduction - most famous veteran of the skinning community, recognized on every forum. With the typical calm pride of the Earth-born, and strong sense of loyalty, klasnic is a true skinner and born review-high-score-gainer.
(you are allowed to guess which bio I`ve "borrowed")

Total Score: 7.5/10

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Thanks UTGirl & MäxX for the nice review. I'll clarify this pack as with all my stuff since April 2004 is for UT2004 and not UT2003. I've only made one skin which will work with both since and that's Ashur. It has the 2k3 extension as it's a 2k3 robot that's been skinned not that it's a 2k3 pack.

I don't have 2k3 installed anymore so I don't develop for it. These would look ridiculous without team faces and without bios and without the tweaked-to-perfection abilities so I make sure people know it's for 2k4 before I get flamed :D

About the portraits I used to do them the way you like them but years of practice and I've come up with that common theme. They fit with all my other ones made in 2005 so I'm not gonna' change them :D Maybe I'll do a new one in the future sometime :tup:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
I`ve no prob with that "too small" portraits, they don`t affect the review in a negative way either because they are still well done and the uniform look is pretty cool :)

I ment it would have been cool to ad special effects to the portrait (like in the CBP or the recently released liquid skins).
I love the effects on the robots head and that would have made a great skin even better.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Aah I've made many portraits with effects but I'm concerned about having too many in game that might slow down the game performance. Remember I've every 2k4 skin/model I've made installed and so many with fx in the skins and portraits could be a nightmare for some people with lower end machines.

When I release my greatest hits I'll do effects on the new portraits ;) *shhh*

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Oh yeah, taht will be the one and only Klasnic Tournament 2004 Skinpack. I like that name :lol:

You`re right there are surely some ppl with slower PCs....Nice move :tup:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Yup I know many people use about 20 skins I've done all the time and I need to take these things into account. Also ones that are high quality with lots of effects x16 running around on an ONS map will burn a few processors :lol:

Where's my new disclaimer :D

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
You should write to your disclaimer part:
"The author cannot be held responsible for any damage on your PC due the usage of his skins for a 64 palyer matches using his skins" or something similar :lol:

btw...disclaimer? What`s that exactly? Is that something to eat?

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Forgot to mention, MäxX that I thought the 'bio' part of your review referred to a GMK until I recently noticed it's Malcolm ;)

*shame on me* :lol: