[WIP] KouRyuu? Eris?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hide

or Dr.Jekill
Apr 23, 2004
IZANAGI Co. Tokyo
1. Select 'File'->'Open'. And, choose '*.psk' as file type.
2. Then, open the '.psk' file in somewhere that is stored.
3. Left click the 'Head' window. And, select 'File'->'New Texture' or 'Import Texture'.
4. Left click the 'Body' window. And, select 'File'->'New Texture' or 'Import Texture'.
5. Paint it.
6. Save it as '.upp'.
:)

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 9
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 21
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 17

The Helios

Keeper of the Ancient Ones
Apr 17, 2004
Hide, do you allow me to make some modifications to Ageha, right? I always want to get permission from the creators before starting do something :) .

Mr.Wigglez

Wiggle With Me!
Jul 14, 2004
is there a way to make it where it comes up like it would in the game instead of having to paint her?

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Hide said:
3. Left click the 'Head' window. And, select 'File'->'New Texture' or 'Import Texture'.
4. Left click the 'Body' window. And, select 'File'->'New Texture' or 'Import Texture'.
5. Paint it.
6. Save it as '.upp'.

Well in all my years... Thanks Hide, I didn't even know you could use Upaint for that!

Muchos gracias :D

Nalid

Hater of the "ur" o_O
Apr 8, 2004
First of all..

Hide said:
5. Paint it.
6. Save it as '.upp'.

You rock Hide.. thank you. (Are you a J-Rock fan by the way?)
And also...

is there a way to make it where it comes up like it would in the game instead of having to paint her?

This would help alot with re-paints.. Yeah you can use U-Pain to mark off whats what.... but its a huge Pain.

And then..

How do you export those texture files as PNG's? I use Adobe Photoshop to design the skins.. and unfortunatly PSK's are not a readable format.

And idea's suggestions?

Hide

or Dr.Jekill
Apr 23, 2004
IZANAGI Co. Tokyo
Nalid,

To get the texture files, at the first you need to install 'DDS Authoring plug-in' to your Photoshop.
Then, you can read/write the '.dds' picture files with your Photoshop. :)
'DDS Authoring plug-in' is here.
http://developer.nvidia.com/object/nv_texture_tools.html

And,
1. Open 'Ageha.utx' in UnrealEd.
2. Select 'AgehaBody'. And, 'File'->'Export'. Then, you can get 'AgehaBody.dds'.
3. Select 'AgehaFace'. And, 'File'->'Export'. Then, you can get 'AgehaFace.dds'.

4. Open 'AgehaBody.dds' in Photoshop.
5. If you want to use this in uPaint, expand this picture 1024x2048 to 2048x2048, or shrink this to 1024x1024 by Photoshop.
6. Save this as '.png'. Now, you get the '.png' file.
7. Open 'AgehaFace.dds' in Photoshop.
8. Save this as '.tga' file, because this uses alpha-channel.

9. Open 'Ageha.psk' in uPaint.
10. Left click the 'Head' window. And, select 'File'->'Import Texture' and read 'AgehaFace.tga'.
11. Left click the 'Body' window. And, select 'File'->'Import Texture' and read 'AgehaBody.png'.

Then, ready to make skin. :)

Attachments

• UnrealEd.JPG
    UnrealEd.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 17
  • photoshop.JPG
    photoshop.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 12
  • uPaint.JPG
    uPaint.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 15

Hide

or Dr.Jekill
Apr 23, 2004
IZANAGI Co. Tokyo
And, another new skin for KouRyuu.
Camouflage color.

I am sorry to have made the many replys, because only 5 pictures can be attached to 1 reply.

Attachments

• KouRyuuCamo1.JPG
    KouRyuuCamo1.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 21
  • KouRyuuCamo2.JPG
    KouRyuuCamo2.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 16
  • KouRyuuCamo3.JPG
    KouRyuuCamo3.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 22

Zenodey

Formally known as mutt
Sep 25, 2004
Hide said:
And, another new skin for KouRyuu.
Camouflage color.

I am sorry to have made the many replys, because only 5 pictures can be attached to 1 reply.

Ooo camo never woulda thought of that ;)

The Helios

Keeper of the Ancient Ones
Apr 17, 2004
AHHH!!! I'm really overwhelmed!!! Ok. Stay calmed.

Hide, thanks a lot for giving permission!!! Nalid, I think with that tutorial he gave to us there is no problem to get the .png files. If not, I will soon post them in this thread (with the proper permission of HIde, of course). Then you can start skin it.
Sorry for the dissapear but I have a three-day holiday and I can't waste such opportunity to rest. :D