Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
The Losers-6/10

I don't know anything about the comic books so I can't say whether this is a good adaptation or not.

In my opinion it's a pretty average shoot 'em up which is just about kept alive for the whole 90 odd minutes by a few plot twists.

The whole thing is very A-Team really.

Jackass 3D - 10/10

I'm not sure how you rate a movie/film like this so whatever.

It really is meant for 3D, and I think the 3D is better than in Avatar. Seeing it in a movie theater with other people makes it even better. I'd go see it again, and I might.

Only one scene I couldn't watch, but other than that it was top-notch. I had to keep wiping my face because I was laughing so hard. I love the Jackass movies/tv show so of course I knew I would love this one. It really didn't let me down, at all. Alot of slow-motion after shots which made the film I think.

The use of high-speed cameras and 3D made this a perfect match and wasn't gimicky at all. Even the super highspeed camera was brilliantly pulled off (pun intended)

If you've wanted to see it, do it. It's worth it imo. And the 3D sells it.

I think my favorite part was the Jet engine lol. I couldn't stop laughing.

Last edited:

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Get Smart 6/10

I was somewhat surprised that I enjoyed this. The reviews were poor and the first half really didn't jell but after a while it got into its stride and I found myself enjoying the chase and laughing out loud.

My memories of the TV series are very distant but my recollection is that Maxwell Smart was more of an idiot in the original. In this version, he is played as smart (!) but terminally unlucky and out of touch with reality.

Good fun.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World - 7.5/10

Kind of original, felt like a comic book. I'd rate it higher but the way it was filmed made it tough to watch.

I really liked it. The girl was really hot imo (always had a thing for bright colored hair like that)

The way they filmed it was good I think. It's a good change from the every day movie that is out nowadays. I enjoyed it :D

Machete 8/10

Loved this movie. It was so off the charts rad. Of course it's not like one of those "best movies of all time" type of film. It's a cult classic for sure (think Grindhouse). Some amazing scenes in the movie though.

And like Scott Pilgrim, it's a nice change from the current movies.

Overall, it's a good film to see with some friends or your girlfriend.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Saw 3D - 8.5/10

A very fitting end to this series. Didn't get a full 9 as the beginning trap just doesn't make much sense as far as the story goes and plus it was just plain silly. Yeah it does kind of show you that people enjoy watching others suffer as evident by the use of camera phones and such, but really that was it. 3d isn't overused and is reserved for gore and giblets. Traps aren't as diverse(the car trap is alot of fun), but the way they are used in context to the people involved is pretty good.

Overall I would like it to end as they can't really take the story anywhere else(well they can but it is a far stretch).

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Strange, I didn't even hear about Saw 3d until now, and I consider myself a fan :/

I didn't think they'd go past the 6th movie either.
Well, that was when I was told they signed on for 6 movies, before that I didn't think they'd go past 2. heh

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Strange, I didn't even hear about Saw 3d until now, and I consider myself a fan :/

I didn't think they'd go past the 6th movie either.
Well, that was when I was told they signed on for 6 movies, before that I didn't think they'd go past 2. heh

Actually they had signed Tobin Bell for a Saw 8 and 9, but since VI kinda bombed, the studio decided to make this one the last. Something I should have included in my review was the way things are pieced together. It almost seems like they knew where they wanted to take the series.

Don't read unless you watched the movie

Having Dr. Gordon be a helper wasn't exactly mind blowing as I called it 5 minutes in, but it does make sense as a person of his craft would be needed to sew a key into someones eye socket, or sew someones eyes shut.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
The Warriors 10/10

A simple concept of one gang being framed for murder, on the run back to their 'turf'. But the other gangs in the city of NY will do what they can do stop the Warriors from getting home.

"Warriors.... come out and plaaaaaay!"

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Actually they had signed Tobin Bell for a Saw 8 and 9, but since VI kinda bombed, the studio decided to make this one the last. Something I should have included in my review was the way things are pieced together. It almost seems like they knew where they wanted to take the series.

Poor Tobin Bell; what will he do now?
Maybe, Saw: The Musical

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans-5.5/10

I haven't see the original Bad Lieutenant in so long I can't remember any details of the story. I do remember Harvey Keitel being pretty brilliant in ti though.

This version/remake/whatever doesn't really stack up for me as anything more than another cop movie with a bit of Training Day flavor.

Nicolas Cage is good in it but he could probably pull off performances like this in his sleep.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Kick Ass-9/10

This film is just as good the second time around. In fact, despite knowing the plot, it may be even better.

The performances all around a excellent. As I said the first time I saw this Nicolas Cage was born to play the part he had in this film.

I really appreciated the music in it a lot more this time.

This could end up on the list of my all time favourite films.