Join us for FragBU! [new posters read this]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
New to the forum? Well then there's a few things you should know about. Every week we here at this forum have an event called FragBU. You might of heard of us before. FragBU is a fun weekly event for everyone. This event happens every friday and saturday. We simply get on a server and all play together for fun and to help increase our overall skill level. Here's some of the things you'll need to know about fragbu.

Time:
Between 7:00 PM and midnight Central Standard Time each friday and saturday

Place:
We play at the web mothership which is located at theweb.dyndns.ws:7777 the password is bubu

Irc:
We have an irc chatroom on irc.progameplayer.com channel #fragbu. You can acess this from the chat tab in the ut2003 server browser

Teamspeak
We use teamspeak for voice communication. You can get teamspeak from teamspeak.org The server we use is located at 64.146.99.72:8767 password is bubu

Who will be there?
This event is for everyone even you. This ranges from members of the |C|ondenmed clan (very high ranking ctf clan) to me who can hardly play worth crap.

Acceptable behavior
This event is for fun. Please do not ruin it for us. Aimbots spawn camping spamming teamkilling and other such activities are strictly prohibited and will get you banned immediatly. Also excessive taunting insulting other players etc will get you kicked. General rule of thumb if someone tells you to stop it you better stop it.

For more information
Webslinger posts a thread each friday and saturday with more detailed information on how the server will be set up and any other minor details. On friday and saturday look for a thread entitled something to the effect of FragBU! Sat the 14!

Unoffical fragbu's
Most of us stick |BuF at the end of our names. You can feel free to add the tag to the end of your name also. You can add *|BuF to your buddy list and then join the same server with the rest of us. We usually get a good pickup game going every other day.

More information
For more information webslinger posts a thread for each event. Look for a thread title begining with FragBU!

Hey can an admin sticky this. If I left any information out or anything tell me so I can fix it.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I find it somewhat funny you rated yourself at the bottom of the stack LOL ;)

Thrawn70

Hang-around
Jun 11, 2002
Unknown Regions
Visit site
Heres the old TS config info; amend as neccessary. First of all, I'd recommend NOT using voice activation, cause that way you cut down on the background noise.

"Sure, first off, make sure you're using the right version of Teamspeak. If you have Teamspeak2, and the server is Teamspeak2 RC2, they won't communicate. Then go Settings -> Input/Output settings and setup how you want it to work. I highly recommend using voice activation, because then you don't have to use up one of your keys and it'll start sending as soon as you say something. Just make sure to be considerate, and cover your coughing/sneezing unless you want your teammates to be deaf for the rest of the match Then go to local test and activate it, and try speaking in a normal voice, and see if the voice activation level is high enough, and the output level is reasonable (oh yeah, you may want to max out your mic input via the Windows sound control). I'm not sure of the codec you should use, but I think the default choice (CELP 5.1) will work. You can configure the technical options of your sound card via the Settings -> Options menu, but they should automatically be set to the appropriate settings. I think the key settings under Settings -> Key Settings allows you to make preset computer text-to-speech binds, but I've never bothered with it, so I can't help you with that. When you're all ready, go Connection -> Connect and try to connecting to one of the free Teamspeak servers (get ip from their website). Set your nickname as it will appear in the channel listing, then check annonymous (unless that doesn't work, but you shouldn't need to register even if it has a password), leave the other boxes blank, and click connect. If it works, you'll know, and try chatting with other people to make sure your output settings are correct. Leave the Teamspeak window open and launch UT2003, and you should be able to chat while playing. Enjoy."

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
PMB, I set this up on ETG because it's easier to create a room and operate it there. It's also more reliable and easier to connect to.

I realise that it's kind of a pain with #beyondunreal being on ETG, but since mIRC now supports multiple server connections, more and more people are finding it easier to hang out in channels on different networks.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
7-12 is a while and allows most of us north american people to get in a game or two. I'm on all night but most aren't. But yeah I always get confused with noon and midnight and which one is considered am and PM. How bout we just say midnight eh?

I have realized that this is not a good time for the Euro players. When it's 7:00 central time it's like 1 in the morning over in europe. I would really like to see a european branch for fragbu's. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get one going at 7:00 GMT on fridays and saturdays. I'm sure there's enough euro players to do it. All you guys would need is a european based server to use.

Last edited: