UT GOTY Help-wont load

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jeffgoss

Sep 2, 2001
Visit site
Having big trouble loading GOTY. I get an Assertion failed error when it is almost done loading.
My system:
AMD Duron 800 Mhz
ASUS Motherboard with VIA chipset
128 MB RAM
ATI Rage Pro 128 32MB
Sound built into motherboard
Windows 98
All current drivers
I have tried loading from the CD
I have tried copying to the hard drive and loading from there
I have tried loading in safe mode
I have tried enabling DMA in the cd rom properties.
I had the game loaded before I formatted my hard drive. I had to format when I began getting many invalid page faults while browsing the net-not playing the game.
Any help is much appreciated. Any questions please ask. I am sure I have forgotten something.
I can post the Unreal tournament log file if that would help.
Thanks alot.
Jeff Goss

jeffgoss

Sep 2, 2001
Visit site
It said Assertion Failed, then shows about half a page of text.
I think I got it though-been working on it for 3 days.
I downloaded the new drivers from VIA-the 4 in 1 drivers came out recently. I loaded them and then tried to load the game-it worked. Not sure if everything is ok yet.
Thanks for the reply. I'll let you know if I still need help.
Jeff.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
When you started UT in safe mode, did you try to disable various settings?
Try to disable all sound.

jeffgoss

Sep 2, 2001
Visit site
I didn't disable anything else in safe mode. I got the game loaded and working. Sound was the last thing that I hadn't done anything with. It sure was a frustrating problem. Thanks for the help, this Forum is an excellent resource.
Jeff.