UT3 Bonus Pack 1 RELEASED!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Need offline additions, not 3 maps.
My 2 cents.

In short, the community works on the levels, and Epic works on the game.

pinnacle

Jan 22, 2008
This is great! I can't wait for some low-ping 24/7 Face servers to pop up. Just like the good-old days.

MARVO

I am in this thread.
Jan 20, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
This is great! I can't wait for some low-ping 24/7 Face servers to pop up. Just like the good-old days.

yeah!

kanthamcb1.png

fix'd

joke :eek:

Retodon8

Sheep happens!
Jan 21, 2004
Netherlands
retodon8.net
No, this time they say (and I quote) "The spiritual components of the Necris conversion are greatly misunderstood, and their power is vastly underestimated."

Which is directly contradicting what they said before.

Previously they said the conversion itself had no spiritual component, but that a religion had grown up around it.

According to Akasha's bio the actual Necris process has no spirtual component.
That makes sense, as it's basically the injecting of nanoblack and perhaps adding some cyborg limbs and the like.
In other words, it's just a technological process, the humans it's happening to are only dead bodies at that point.
However, the resulting Necris experience as a kind of rebirth I suppose, a kind of miracle, and humans tend to bring religion into the equation when things like that happen.
Thusly, the Necris religion was born.

The actual process isn't spiritual at all, but the conversion, a more broad view of the whole thing, is religious, and I don't think religion can exist without spiritualism.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
That description is meant to ward off the notion that the conversion itself is some kind of religious practice akin to sacrificing blood at an altar. It's really just some kind of perverted recruitment mechanisim.

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Some people are just too picky to enjoy things, such as free maps.

I'd have to agree on this one ... still when a company like Epic that is multi million studio where the best games in the industry are made expectations for top notch quality are very high. Though when you take into account the state of UT3 when it was initially released for the PC you can understand that this is not the Epic of old. Indeed some might even argue that Epic has always had Quality issues and point to the fact that all of their UT PC releases have required multiple patches before they were rock solid ... certainly they were not out of the box. So when you look at things from this perspective Epic is simply following form. Anyway its free and no one is forcing anyone to play these levels. At a time when gas is $3.75 a gallon and the price of groceries is up across the board I'm grateful for anything free that I use/entertain myself with.

Six Ways

Third Contingent
Jan 23, 2006
L'Hotel FAB
3c.ddfd.net
According to Akasha's bio the actual Necris process has no spirtual component.
That makes sense, as it's basically the injecting of nanoblack and perhaps adding some cyborg limbs and the like.
In other words, it's just a technological process, the humans it's happening to are only dead bodies at that point.
However, the resulting Necris experience as a kind of rebirth I suppose, a kind of miracle, and humans tend to bring religion into the equation when things like that happen.
Thusly, the Necris religion was born.

The actual process isn't spiritual at all, but the conversion, a more broad view of the whole thing, is religious, and I don't think religion can exist without spiritualism.

Fair enough, if you're taking it to mean the context outside the pure nanotech stuff, but still they say "their power is vastly underestimated" as if there is some sort of quantifiable spiritual effect of the purely technological process.

Besides, I still think the way it's said implies they're actually talking about the process itself.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Turbine woulda been kewl, I agree :)

Im pretty happy with the unofficial tempestX pack on that side of things and there is a decent liandri remake as well :cool:

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Teehee found a map bug in DM-Morbias
[SCREENSHOT]http://r.elmuerte.com/junk/ScreenShot00001.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Can walk this far in the air:
[SCREENSHOT]http://r.elmuerte.com/junk/ScreenShot00007.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Yeah, I saw the bot wandering there, but couldn't reproduce it during the only match I played on it.

Last edited:

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
We're looking into it. Based on what we discover, it's possible an updated version with these issues addessed in the very near future.

Great to hear. Even then, cept for the lack of pictures and map descriptions and player and that black box, the pack freaking rockx!

SPIDEYUT2K7

I see a blue screen
Feb 22, 2008
City of the Polution
Kinky bug

Teehee found a map bug in DM-Morbias
[SCREENSHOT]http://r.elmuerte.com/junk/ScreenShot00001.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Can walk this far in the air:
[SCREENSHOT]http://r.elmuerte.com/junk/ScreenShot00007.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

You are right ma8 ! I played a couple of minutes ago and i step in the air! hohoho shame the bots saw me floating and i try to dodge lots of rockets! REDEEMER in the center! MO MO MO MONSTERKILL! (i died 2 haha):lol::D