Turning speed in differnt environments/Speedbase setting in ini file

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

suniko

Mar 18, 2011
Hi,

I am a newbie to unreal scripting, so sorry if these questions are obviuos to some of you.

I have two very simple environments, and strangely the joystick behaves differently in the two environments. Specifically, the rotation (look left/right) is much faster in one environment than in the other. I tinkered a bit with the User.ini file in the systems folder, where I changed "SpeedBase" in the line

JoyX=Axis aBaseX = SpeedBase=2.0 DeadZone=0.4

This affects the turning speed in both environments, but the difference remains.

Any ideas?

I was thinking of the following quick-and-dirty workaround: creating two .ini files with different settings for Speedbase. But then I don't know how to tell in the vbs script that it should use a different .ini file than the standard User.ini from /Systems. Maybe any ideas about this could be done?

Many thanks!