Infiltration questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
C

CaptMellow

Firstly, Infiltration is the most outstanding mod I have seen for any game. Great work! The standoff mode is one I have been wanting for a long time. The CTF variant, i.e. Classic mode, is great also, though I have a few questions:

1. In classic mode, there seems to be a time limit where if time expires before the attackers get the cd, then the defenders win the round. This is good, as it lends an urgency to the attackers' objective. However, in some very large maps like Normandy, time will expire before you are even halfway to the cd. Is there a way to adjust the time limit for certain maps, & allow that to be set by the mapper from within the map?

2. When the bots are defending the cd in classic, they will clump together in a group hug, oblivious to attackers until they are fired upon. Is there a way to have some kind of defense post nodes for the bots to home in on instead of the cd? & have them more alert? That way, they could be stationed in more strategic defensive positions rather than huddling around the cd.

W

Warren

For Classic mode, a level designer can specify how long the time limit will be. Simply follow the instructions on our Map Depot under Design Notes. For version 3 however, we'll be balancing the gameplay a little more by adding a CD for each team to capture, removing the artifacts, and removing the time limit. It's possible we could also keep the one CD gamestyle too which would keep a time limit.

C

Catalyst

I'd also like to note that the AI has been improved for 2.5 and that the bots don't act so stupid any more /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif It will be out soon...

W

Warren

yeah? WOHOO!! oh.. wait..
teeth.gif
I wanna add something too- now that Catalyst has his new V770 Ultra card, we should finally get some screenshots floating around the site- after we blow the dust off of our Images section and send those old pics to File 13.. AND {sniff} {sniff} now that Hercules has met their demise, I'll be openin' up the speed brakes on that Herc TNT2 Ultra.. damMIT! By now I may as well wait until the NV10 - or GeForce256 is available.. not that I can afford to fork over $300+ dollars for one, but hopefully them tnt2's will drop in price... guess I'm not one of those rich guys yet. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

R

RaekwoN

Warren,

How much do you know about the GeForce cards. I heard about 'em from one of my mates, you got any specs?

W

Warren

Yeah- supposed to be one of the best thus far but hard to compare to other chip makers since it's so early yet.. If you want great news about this thing, check out these links:
http://www.firingsquad.com/features/geforce256debut/default.asp
http://www3.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/articles/99/geforce256/

two of my favorites..

I haven't read up on the S3 savage 2000 and only a little on the Glaze3D Bitboys Oy but their supposed to be close competitors. The Glaze3D isn't supposed to be out tho until second quarter 2000 while the nVidia GeForce256 will be out like this year I think. Not much has been said from 3dfx or Matrox.