UT lan problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ltjdew

Dec 25, 2001
Visit site
Ive got three computers at home that are hooked up with a linksys 5 port hub U can play UT with 2 of them the third will not recognize the server or itself when it is set up as the server. I can play other games on it like counterstrike and nascar 4. the two that dont have any problems have abit boards and the one i, having probs with has a gigabyte all three have the same nic in them. tried setting the ip address manually and auto same problem anyone have any ideas.

Taker

UT Junkie
When you manually set the IP addressess, I am assuming that you gave each one it's own identifcation number from 1 to 10 and all with the subnet 255.255.255.0.
Something like this:

System one: IP Address 192.168.10.1
System two: IP Address 192.168.10.2
System Three: IP Address 192.168.10.3
System two: IP Address 192.168.10.4
System two: IP Address 192.168.10.5

And so on. Please post what OS you are using. You will get responses from other members that are running the same OS. If you are running Win3.1 to WinME, I maybe able to help as I am familar with those OS's.
:D

ltjdew

Dec 25, 2001
Visit site
Im running 98se yes I set them up like you said I can play other games but not UT wether I use auto ip or set it manually it will not even recognize itself if it is set as a server.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
How exactly are the computers setup?
You run one Computer as a UT server and 2 as clients?
Are the UT server dedicated or do you also play on it?
What type of hub is it? Is it also a router so you share the internet connection?

Can each computer ping the others?