Reloading and grenades

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hunchback

Mar 25, 2000
Oakdale, CA, USA
www2.ucsc.edu
1. Most of the time in-game, when you pick a new, fully-loaded weapon, you'll still be able to reload once. This isn't a big deal, since it doesn't break anything, and I assume that the reloading stuff is going to be changed soon anyway so that reloading will actually switch magazines instead of magically adding bullets into the current magazine. As such, I'm just pointing this out in case you guys weren't aware of it.

2. If you get killed during the (too lengthy, in my opinion) grenade-throwing animation after you've already pulled the pin, the grenade should still go off. Right now, it only gets dropped as inventory.

Other than those minor gripes (and the brief pause when looking through a scope or dying), everything in 2.75 is great, and I can't wait to see what you guys come up with for 2.8. Thanks! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

INF_Neo

Infiltration Sound Engineer
Nov 30, 1999
Heidelberg, Germany
Visit site
1. not a bug! You can load an additional round into the chamber. (My bad English doesn't allow a better answer)

2. That's currently being worked on. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

hunchback

Mar 25, 2000
Oakdale, CA, USA
www2.ucsc.edu
1. I thought I was able to do it in-game with SMGs as well, though (the armory page says that you wil only be able to load an extra round into handguns and shotguns). But with all of the weapons getting replaced with new models for 2.8, this kind of stuff will probably get tweaked as well.

2. Cool! It's a lot of fun to pull the pin on a grenade and run menacingly towards a large group of enemy bots (especially with the chain reactions afterwards as everyone's dropped ammo starts exploding). /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

One other question: What's the deal with the radar? I couldn't find anything about it on the roadmap. Is it going to be removed in 2.8 or just modified to only show teammates' locations?

Unicorn

Mar 1, 2000
Visit site
On the subject of dropped grenades, I haven't played 2.75 enough to be sure if it still happens, but in 2.71 bots had a marked tendency to drop grenades when killed which stayed there forever rather than vanish with their other dropped weapons after a few seconds. The end result in a game with lots of bots was that you'd end up with dozens of grenades littering some parts of the map.

This was, I believe, with 'drop weapons' on, 'drop items' off, and 'destructable ammo' off.