UT3 CTF-GRD-Observatory_beta4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dr.Bob

Jun 2, 2008
Name:
CTF-GRD-Observatory_beta4
Version:
Beta 4 (beta 1,2,3 where internal betas)
Compatibility:
PC only (as long as the map has beta status)
Description:
A medium sized CTF Level specially buildt for the new Greed Gametype.
The battlefield is situated in an old Observatory in the middle of a park.
Custom Content:
Custom Textures = Yes
Custom Models = No
Comments:
Feedback for the following points would be appreciated:
Gameplay
Weapon placement
Performance
Screenshot:

obs02.jpg

obs01.jpg

obs03.jpg

obs04.jpg

obs05.jpg

obs06.jpg

obs07.jpg

obs08.jpg

Credits:
Robert "dasKaRmA" Chudalla
Homepage:
N/A
Download:
Download with Filefront
http://files.filefront.com/CTF+GRD+Observatory+beta4zip/;13677921;/fileinfo.html

Download with Megafileupload
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/100284/CTF-GRD-Observatory-beta4-zip.html

Download with File Factory
Download CTF-GRD-Observatory_beta4.zip from FileFactory.com

Last edited:

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
Looks great. Although compared to the outside, the inside seems to lack something, obviously it's supposed to look clean. But the walls and rooms (particularly the one in screen 3) seem empty imo.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
oh, at first, looking at the name I thought it's a remake of the old DM-Observatory. Looks good, gotta find some time and check it out (as well as a dozen of other maps that I've downloaded, installed but haven't yet tried).

Dr.Bob

Jun 2, 2008
if you want, i can send it to you via Email for example....just rop me a line here or a PM

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
good clean Greed map

Couple things is should have added 6 to 16 player load in the preview shot and the water surface should have been made to be seen from below as well as above (maybe you can't get there once the game starts but I was exploring). Besides that this one is a very clean-looking map with sharp lines and great architecture. I liked the wind blowing through the trees, the skybox and lighting/shadows. The gameplay is slightly unbalanced for CTF with the one flag upstairs inside and the other downstairs outside, but this one I'm sure was really meant for Greed and it's most fun played this way. Also, I guess the final is already out so the first post should be modified.