You know you've played too much Infiltration when...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheNut

blah
Aug 7, 2001
Re: Some more AFA ones:

Originally posted by erehwo|\|
...you know every regular's INF guy apperance...

/me looks at yurch's boonie and bright orange ak....
no he's not recognizable from a mile away...

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
...you dream about a weird dude praising a website and saying 'for all your inf third party needs'
...you dream about a caveman with a purple boonie

Mar 19, 2001
San Diego, CA
lol this thread was started back in June.

...When you write down loadouts of all the clan members you see for future referance.
...When you walk in on your brother and hes lying on his bed you yell at him for being a pr0ne wh0re
...When you throw grenades at your friends in RL and expect not to get a TK

And I do have memorized most of the random spawns :con:

Scythe

I'd rather die than give you control.
Jan 13, 2001
about 30ft behind you.
Visit site
I am an official sick wierdo I guess
like 50-85% of the ones I read applied to me. Course I did many of em before INF. But yeah that score over 100 thats me and all sorts of others Im, well, sick.

But the first step in fixing a problem is admitting its there (not that I wanna fix it)

I got one too tho:

You post on the forums at 1:00 Am Local time.

JOoJOos

I Say Random Stuff
Mar 10, 2001
Berkeley, CA, USA
You know you've been playing too long when...

You jerk off and this lumpy orange substance accumates under your fingernails, so you hit your face with a hammer.

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
even more afa ones......

...you know every regular's time-zone...
..and wonder where the hell they are when they aren't there at their usual time...
...you know every regular's PC configuration...
..and take advantage of that on any map...
:D

jlamb_vo

{GD}Spunky{Pfc}
May 19, 2001
Visit site
...the hairs stand up on the back of your neck when when you walk through an open area on your way to work.

...when in the above, you not only drift towards effective cover while trying to maintain a normal posture so as not to wierd out everyone around you, you also play out some absolute freak catastrophe where a lone group of gunmen go ape**** in that location, and you just happen to have a DE or M9 tucked in your belt and proceed to expertly pick off each terrorist with perfectly placed headshots leaning around the suddenly abundant unlabeled wooden crates evidently filled with cement.

...your roomate's girlfriend peeks wide eyed around the kitchen door as you calmly pick your chair up from the across the room, collectedly place it in front of the computer, slide your mouse and keyboard back into place and flaty speak into a microphone "I'm down."

...you pass the time walking the 8 blocks to your college campus by superimposing the image of the SAW from the 2.87 trailer onto your 'screen' and giggling at the belt being sucked in one end, the casings and links spilling out the other, and trying to play back the cloth-ripping-like roar in your head.

...you throw away anything in your mail that doesn't feel like it could hold a 2.87 CD (including last months electric bill... :rolleyes: )

...you wonder why all those police sirens outside aren't getting any quieter, and as a disapointed SWAT team breaks down your door it suddenly occurs to you to turn down those speakers...

...you're stomach has shrunk so much that after a 10 hour Infiltration stint, you aren't even hungry.

...you can type "frag out" after throwing your live grenade and be in cover before it hits the ground.

...you have to redo your speech bindings, but can type half of them faster than it takes you to reach that key.

...you bought a larger keyboard just for all your speech bindings, and still remapped any duplicate keys or ones the system still used. You use the numlock key to toggle between two sets of keys on the keypad.

...you spin around at the sound of ANY footsteps going to work/school, just to make sure it is a 'friendly.'

...you are approaching a corner IRL and hear someone coming, and find yourself moving into the wall and hulk a little so you can get the drop on them if they are on blue.

...You half sidestep up stairs in a public space, making sure you have LOS of anyone above you.

...you know what LOS is.

...when playing any other mod, you hulk your head down towards the bottom of the monitor trying to aim through the iron sights.

...you are playing counterstrike for the first time in months. You move into a room and put an MP5 burst into a hostile and smoothly scan over the rest of the room. You hear a wierd 'thunking' noise. You look back and see the guy you shot jumping up and down across the room, wildy spraying his AK at you. Sure he should have been dead, you stitch him up the chest a couple more times. Somewhere off to the right a window shatters. After several seconds, your MP5 is FINALLY empty. And...

...you are kicked from the CS server for camping when you stop to reload.

...you are still in CS for some reason because your roomates spot you are holding is taking a really long dump, and you STILL, for SOME REASON attempt to defend some poor guy who actually tried to defend the hostages.

... you are wracking your brain trying to remember all those times you thought to yourself 'man: you play to much Infiltration.'"

...you're biological clock gets so backwired you get tired whenever you hear birds chirping for the rest of your life.

...you remember when there wasn't an M16 in Infiltration. And when the M16A1 was the first Infiltration whore weapon.

...you start walking bowlegged, trying to make your footsteps pan in 'stereo' on the sidewalk.

...you walk into a public environment with a subtely bad ass gait.

...you find the inside jokes on the forums FAR more amusing than any sitcom.

...you are halfway through explaining your last game where you killed 6 or 7 guys with just an M9 to a complete stranger, when she suddenly turns paled and begins to slowly move away from you.

...you are halfway through explaining that last game where you killed 6 or 7 guys with just an M9 to a friend complete with sound effects and hand motions who is shocked at the unprecedented amount of energy that has posessed your body, and interrupts you suddenly asking what 'Infiltration' is.

...you don't talk to your friend who said he 'couldn't get into infiltration' for a week.

"...one last match" is the beginning of a long withdrawel process involving drugs and counseling on the part of any human companion present.

...you get on AFA2 at 4 in the morning, and when you find yourself alone on the server, you vote on Chasm and practice launching 40mms into the upper base entrance windows from across the maps for an entire hour.

...you are moving down a street on Sicily when you suddenly take a knee, level you rifle toward a corner and start firing a quarter second before a hostile walks into your bullets, all becuase you had a 'gut feeling.'

...you are sharpshooting out a window in Infiltration, suddenly feel hairs stand up on your neck and you dodge prone as a .50 round slams into the wall behind you.

...even though you've played so long your eyes are like golf balls, your hands hurt so bad you begin typing messages sans vowels, your brain feels like a dry sponge, and your throat is shredded from howling profanities because the only people you've shot before dying in the first 30seconds have been your best friends ON YOUR TEAM, you for some reason continue to play, simply because you know you always hit your second wind about 3-4 hours in.

OMFG how long have I been typing...

:D

sorry fellas... ugh off to my sleeping sofa

Last edited:

Kaoh

MP_Clan member
Sep 16, 2000
Holland
www.kaoh.nl
Eah Yeah

When you type post as long as the previous one.........

- When you refuse to stop snipering, becuase you love that, even though your lag is so terrible that everyone you headshot is actualy allready behind you
- When you being an smoker really can play 6 hours straight without smoking...... and not even noticing.

Last night first time online..... couldn;t stop until 6 am. God damn i think i am going to get fired soon, i really dont have time for work anymore :B

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
- Your entire afternoon was spent idly planning a mutator to make the UT weapons act more like the INF ones (free aim, iron sights, etc.)
- ...with RealAim.
- ...and you have NO idea how to code any of it.
- The first thing you do after getting up is to check the site for updates.
- ...and then log on for "a couple" rounds.
- One morning you strongly object to wake up, having interrupted your dream while you were in the middle of a particularly good INF round.
- EVERY SINGLE TIME you see someone outside you think of: range, cover, LOS, windage, steadying the gun. Completely automatically.
- You're amazed at your FPS in every other UT mod.
- You're amazed at your FPS IRL.
- ...and do a double-take when you hold a gun in front of you and you're STILL getting a good framerate.

FiringAimlessly

Sep 18, 2001
I'll let this one speak for itself:
(from my board)

AUTHOR: Silencer
SUBJECT: Goddamned ,how many times do I have to tell you?
CONTENT: That has NOTHING to do with it. Like if I'd actually started to act (cause I'd bloody well have to) happier she'd take me back. Bullshit.

AUTHOR: Wally
SUBJECT: Well, given you'll never have her, never ever come close to having her again,...
CONTENT: ...wouldn't it be worse having to work 10 hours per day to survive?

Ah, not much. Your life sucks 1000, +1 or -1 doen't make a difference, does it?

Fool.

AUTHOR: Silencer
SUBJECT: Ok, what does this have to do with the happiness?
CONTENT: n/t

AUTHOR: Otto da Fé
SUBJECT: Simple.
CONTENT: You can easily ruin your gun with +1 loading a full suckmag.

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
Originally posted by striderteen
...when you meet a really cute girl and instead of trying to get her to go out, you try to get her to play Infiltration.

(Yes, I just did that. She's a pretty good shot, too...she's used to paintballing).

Ahem. Strider. WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT CALLING ME CUTE!!!!!

FiringAimlessly

Sep 18, 2001
Originally posted by SaraP

Ahem. Strider. WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT CALLING ME CUTE!!!!!
- You have to admit it is partially your own fault... *points to her Hotmail address*

- You try to lean around corners playing light-gun games.
- ...and attempt to call for backup or toss a nade. :con:

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
And the #1 way you know you play too much INF...

While gettin' it on with your gf, you thought about that afternoon's match on Dogtown. :con:

........thank god it was only for a split second.

SaraP

Feb 12, 2002
The Land of the Governator
Originally posted by FiringAimlessly

- You have to admit it is partially your own fault... *points to her Hotmail address*

- You try to lean around corners playing light-gun games.
- ...and attempt to call for backup or toss a nade. :con:

No, that's a personal joke.

Hrm, I do that. I am Miss Uber-Commando in lazertag and paintball, hehe...I take it waaaay too seriously.

FiringAimlessly

Sep 18, 2001
Re: And the #1 way you know you play too much INF...

Originally posted by erehwo|\|
thank god it was only for a split second.
- But you didn't specify it wasn't that split second. :eek: :D

- You join a military force that uses the P90 and you never, never EVER use it with a suppressor. Ever.
- You cease to understand why the splash screen says "Unreal Tournament" in that funny font.
- ...it really WAS "that" split-second.