Is UT IPX compatible, if so how do I setup a network game PC to PC?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bennybone

Feb 2, 2001
TX
Visit site
My buddy came by last week and we hooked up our PC's via a BNC line. We had terminators on both ends and we played

Half Life
Motocross Madness 2

Succesfully but we couldnt get UT to run...

We tried everything in the options tab but we could never see each others game...

We had the PC's on different IP addresses and Networking neighborhood worked like a breeze. I cant understand why we couldnt get UT to play Computer to Computer... Is this possible. If so how?

Thanks in advance!

Bennybone

Feb 2, 2001
TX
Visit site
That is if you are trying to run a server... I am trying to do two computers only. It doesnt entail any of that other stuff. Thanks for the try though.

Bennybone

Feb 2, 2001
TX
Visit site
hey guys/gals...

Thanks so much for your input on this matter! This is why I enjoy spending hours out of the day on forums... So that i can check my post and see no responses! I am just so happy with all of your effort in helping people. Goodluck and I hope all of your games crash!

JuiceEggsMcKenna

MC68060/50
Aug 31, 2000
Australia
clivebarker.net
Originally posted by Bennybone
hey guys/gals...

Thanks so much for your input on this matter! This is why I enjoy spending hours out of the day on forums... So that i can check my post and see no responses! I am just so happy with all of your effort in helping people. Goodluck and I hope all of your games crash!

LOL, be patient fool. We are not your professional tech support service, just a bunch of people with nothing better to do than offer help. No one is forcing you to check this thread every day; come back next week if you want.

Anyway, no you can't play UT over IPX and I for one am very, very happy about that fact. Use TCP/IP.

DIE IPX DIE!!!

Now if they could just patch out the Glide support... :)