Can't Export SM from Maya to UED3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cpt.Crunch

Aug 6, 2004
Hoi!
I have a problem. I can't export my SM from Maya.
Although I've installed the Plug-IN (the Mayaopeningscreen shows the UT2k4 Stuff on the right side) I cannot export anything.
I've wathced the VTMs from the DVD but I couldn't find anything helpful. In the VTMs they have an option in the Shelf called UEDExport (or something like this)
I haven't.... :(
I also downloaded a MEL-Script from Unrealwiki, but it was for Maya 4.x and therefor useless...
What can I do? Please help me....
Thanks alot

sandorski

Sep 22, 1999
coquitlam, bc, Canada
Visit site
Those VTMs were originally(the ones showing Maya setup) made for UT2k3/Maya 4.5(IIRC). Anyway, to get UEd 3 and Maya 5 PLE working, you need to follow the setup directions provided with Maya. In the Help section in Maya there is a "UT2004 Export" entry, click on that and it will open some instructions in your Internet browser.

However, that doesn't always work. If it doesn't use Windows Explorer to goto: C:\Documents and Settings\{insert current Windows User here}\My Documents\maya\5.0PLE\docs\UT2004 Help , double clicking on the Index.HTML file will open the Help.