advanced options...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NVerxion

Ethereal
Sep 9, 2000
Orlando, FL
I've always had this problem where I cannot access the advanced options menu from within the game (by typing 'preferences' in the console) without it crashing back to the desktop. It either gives me a GPF or some assertion failed error message. This forces me to make the changes to the ini file, which is easy enough for me, but I'd like to be able to make my changes in the advanced options on the fly if I have to. Has anyone else had this problem.....and been able to fix it?

Viking1

Highly Unstable
Aug 12, 2000
Winnipeg
www.cainsunited.net
Make sure UT is running at the same color depth as your desktop. It sometimes has a problem switching back and forth. System switches to desktop settings when you leave fullscreen to go to advanced options.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
scudsukah-:)

Are you on crack my gangsta dude? I guess you haven't noticed it yet, but we speak Englisch here! Please write in proper language or head for another forum like planetquake. This is not the first time I see your writing bullsh*it like this here.

It also seems you know nothing about UT. The colordepth has absolutly nothing to do with CPU speed. Altough UT is very CPU dependent in terms of resolution and some extra fps, the colordepth rather depends on the graphics card. I have a PIII-750 and a GeForce DDR, running UT in 1024*768, 32 without any problems.

Next time only post if you have something relevant and correct to say

Last edited:

NVerxion

Ethereal
Sep 9, 2000
Orlando, FL
scud,
i have an amd athlon 1ghz processor, 384mb sdram, and a 64mb ddr geforce2 ultra. 32 bit color depth @ 1024x768 for ut is mere child's play for my system, even with high detail textures turned on...

-lost-,
i will try that out and see what happens. i have heard that with the geforce cards the game sometimes crashes during precaching, so i'm going to disable that also and test it out.

scudsukah-:-)

*nuked*
Jan 23, 2001
maryland, usa#1
Visit site
8-4-7-2

i still havent seen how you bring anything to the table and as far as your knowledge of ut is concerned youre definately feeble as is your gaming skillz!!
EVERYTHING IS DEPENDANT ON THE PROCESOR YOU IDIOT!! lol even your graphics card whether its dma or not hahah!! The answer to your problem is...... if you sup it up and cant handle it kick it back.... i wonder why you have theese problems? because peeps listen to idiots like you!! And frankly i solved over a quarter of a million lock up problems for most of you geeks so .... sip a slushy and keep pushing that dorrito chip of a processor you have to the limit buddy!! besides why would you use a driver that has to precache?? because it looks better? haha i wonder why 3dfx never has theese probz hhmmm ever concidered reading consumer reports before buying hardware thats just barely outa the think tank! silly kraut crack is for nazis!!!

Last edited:
did you get dropped on your head as a baby? you sound like an idiot just hitting random keys. not everything is dependant on the processor; if it becomes fill rate limited (which his definately isn't) then however fast the processor is won't matter. and by the way, why do you take your gaming hardware advice from consumer reports? are you that dumb?

Lost

scudsukah-:-)

*nuked*
Jan 23, 2001
maryland, usa#1
Visit site
you are an idiot

in case you havenbt noticed your machine is useless with out a processor so who's stupid? this is a forum not a fuckin ... yes i repeat....a fuckin cut down match!!
and no i didnt say i take any gaming advice from consumer reports you fag! i was talking about the write ups on the graphic cards and speaking of which also is the same as pc world mag too incase you havent noticed they're one and the same<afiliates> so before you open your dick sukers back up..fuck off and eat shit either help the kid or shut up because it isnt needed.. i dont mind raising the risk of getting booted because of this thread i really dont give a flyin fuck anyways you obviously dont have any class nor intell on the matter hahahahaha everything is dependant on your processor computers are useless with out them hahah oh yeah please feel free to submit this thread to a moderator!! thanx and hey asshole if you go to your preferences menu and it doesnt kick outta glide or whatever and back to a window your shit is screwed up!! hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.