BU Podcast: Episode Eight Now Available!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Hey guys, we skipped last week because of US holiday junk (Woo, Independence Day!) but we are back this week with more coverage than you can shake a stick at. Maybe. We talk about play testing UT, the movement today, CliffyB's new project, and more. Give us a listen and let us know in the comments what you think!

[m]http://youtu.be/o2M12X8EO6g[/m]

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
As somebody who has played just about every mmorpg out there. Yes Nexon sucks. Just my personal opinion, but if you are playing any rpg for the pvp elements, you are going to have a bad time regardless. When I want to pvp I play an fps... Pvp in almost any mmo will always be pay-to-win as he who has the best gear wins 99 times out of 100 (unless you totally suck at setting up your skills) and as time is money it don't matter if you farmed it, bought it with in game money you farmed, or bought it in the cash shop. You still payed to win. Nexon's model is more like pay-to-play except instead of a monthly fee it's turning the cash shop into a ball and chain that is practically a requirement for the game to function.

At the risk of sounding picky, that is corrugated sheet metal in Rankin not wood that you dodge up. Though you probably didn't have the game open when recording audio. Though there are wooden planks in the map, just not ones you have to dodge up.

The tower jump was certainly amusingly unrealistic.

Doz

Dream Theater
Jan 24, 2008
Florida
www.unrealgamingleague.com
Thank you Brizz for the Podcast

Very interesting info
I reloaded UT2k4 on my Win7 Pro 64 and wow the movement is slow to me.
Been playing SWTOR and Defiance and it felt good to get back into UT

I will add your Channel to my Fav;)