is there a way to trigger projectiles?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nimbostratus

Aug 12, 2004
New Jersey, USA
I'm planning on making a map with a trapped hallway to get to a good powerup. The trapped hallway will have rockets that start launching as a player starts to go down the hallway. Is it possible to do this? If so, how?

BTW, this is for UT99

Megatherium

Feb 29, 2004
i actually just started trying to figure this out. best bet is to open up AS-frigate. in the ending movie (assuming the attacking side wins) is of the turrets on the ship rotating and then firing redeemers at a huge gate.

the actors in place where the redeemers start are called spawnpoints, however i cannot find the property in them that makes them fire specific projectiles. this leads me to believe that there is another actor somewhere that tells it WHAT to fire.

if you could help me figure out how it works, then we'd have the solution to firing your rockets AND the solution for one of my map's tricks.

Nimbostratus

Aug 12, 2004
New Jersey, USA
I made it so it starts launching rockets when a player comes close, but now it just keeps firing nonstop. how do I make it fire just one rocket (until the next person triggers it)?

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
Ya could also use autocannons, wich appear form behind little doors or something. Much easier and fully adjustable. Don't know why your thing factory keeps shootin, it shouldn't do that.

GreetZ XepptizZ

Snoitpo

Dec 2, 2004
back lash, i've been tryign to do something similar to that, but it's two ships firing back and forth at each other over a planet, its a CTF, i jsut can seem to figure out how to get them to fire yet

im sort of inexperienced with thing factories as of yet

---------
this mean no help for me?

Last edited:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Nimbostratus said:
I made it so it starts launching rockets when a player comes close, but now it just keeps firing nonstop. how do I make it fire just one rocket (until the next person triggers it)?

Could try "trigger control"
Also if you really get into the logic of it,you can use "other trigger turns on" "other trigger turns off" and initial trigger state,along with "triger togle"
and the thing factorys,the class that it spawns can trigger somthing.

And if you really want to get down to the real nitty gritty (in the end it makes it very easy) but learn boolean algabra it is VERY easy once you did a few.
for example say you have 3 switches, A,B,C,say you want a AND b but NOT c
= light on ,or,
a OR b OR c = light off,,,,or a AND b OR c = light on etc etc,it does get complicatied looking,but you can strip down a pile of logic modes and switches to only a few swithches being hit.Well at least that how the CPU and computers work,but keep trying.
Also don't get caught up with those "counters" cause they wont reset to 0 unless you restart the map.

Go check out my tank cleaner map,i have a projectile spawner attached to a mover wich is triggered by a button.
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=2683
and its a wicked projectile too,let me tell ya.

Last edited: