Help with Maya tutorial needed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
Okay, so I'm going along with this polygonal modelling tutorial.."So you're making your first hammer" or whatever it's called. I'm about to curve the claw of the hammer and then I get to this part:

Right-click any part of the surface and select Vertex from the marking menu. Each subdivision of the claw has a group of vertices that separate it from the adjacent subdivision (see the following figure). Move each of these groups down or up a small distance to make the claw arch downward. (Drag one group of the vertices at a time.) You can shift-drag to constrain the movement of the vertices to a straight line.

And the attached picture...

So what I'm wanting to know is how do you move the "group of vertices that seperate it from the adjacent subdivision"..erm...the little boxes?

Attachments

• DragClawVert14.jpg
    DragClawVert14.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

jimm

Aug 21, 2004
once you have selected the vetrex you want to move their is a move button in your tool box at the right of the screen, it looks like an axis :)