Write your own Bot AI?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rage440

Mar 19, 2001
Is it possible to write your own bot AI (artificial intelligence?). If it is, then can someone point me to some info/tutorials/documentation?

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
I'm not sure but I more sure than not that the AI is in the game engines code. So if you want to rewrite something than you'll have to get into the code somehow. But I think that this is illegal cause' of copywrite protection and all that. you could spend a year or two writing your own engine if you want. Actually I'm kidding about that last one.

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
The AI is UScript code. What is not UScript is the routines that calculate the path networks from the given PathNodes, inventory items and such, but the bot AI itself is written in UScript.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Thanks for the correction. Now I know a little bit more about UT. I guess thats how you learn little by little. So, thanks.