Devastation: Mission Sequence Listing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Revenga

Oct 19, 2004
Netherlands
mrbond113 said:
I'm curious...how will you get the various skins to work depending on the Skall's current state? I know it's possible using separate skins for each, but that's a lot of filesize for one feature.

Well, mrbond, you may be surprised but thanks to you I got the filesize 3.5 times smaller, remember? The 5 mb file size I stated in one of our emails was the TOTAL file size. I just calculated the filesize of the Skall's share in my package, including changed explosion effects, a new decal, all of his states and all effects (mostly I changed all the colors to reddish energy, that's why I have so many skins): it's about just a bit more than 1 mb. But when I just take the Skall's different states (including the all the diffirent anims needed for the overloaded-state), it's only 630 kb. :D

BTW, about the scripting part, that was easy. I just made Unreal look at the Skall's health, everytime he finishes a standard function (which varies among each state). For example, when the Skall has more than 900 HP and he jumps up, his skin changes. I also scripted his fatness, all melee damage and projectile by the level of his HP. And it's working perfectly. :D