Some kinda newbie questions!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

littlelooch

Sep 3, 2000
Funky,Town
Visit site
I got a few questions here. I am making an awesome level(well it is my first so...) and need some help with some stuff:
1) How do you make exploding walls?

2) Elevators?

3) Walls that are see throuigh but still block you like a chainlink fence or a cage typw thing?

4) Doors?

5) Movers of all kinds?

Thanks ALL!!!!

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
Okay! Here we go...

I start with the movers. First create a solid brush like the one you want to use as a mover. Place it in a room where you got enough space around it... you should use a special room for building stuff like this off the play area.
!!!!!! Do Not Use Scaled Brushes for Creating Movers !!!!!!
Make sure that the textures are aligned well and everything is nice and fluffy :) and create a builder brush (red one) which is bigger in all dimensions than the brush which is going to be your mover. Move it so that it surrounds the pre-mover brush. Intersect it so the red is wrapped around the blue one. Move the red one to the place where you want the mover to be and click the add mover button you should see a purple brush. Voila you have your mover. Right click on it to set its properties. (Important ones: Event/TAG, Mover-everything, MoverSounds, Object-Initialstate...)
Then if you have a mover that doesn't necessary mean that it will move :) ... you have to set its keyframes. The way it will move - "pathpoints". You can find them under right click-Mover Keyframes.

This way you can create doors, elevators (make sure you set the object-initialstate to Standopentimed otherwise the bots won't use it (unless it's used with a trigger or etc..)

Exploding walls:
Its tricky. Cut out a piece of the thing you want to blow up and make a mover which fits into the hole. Place it into the hole and set it to a high speed and put a keyframe far away. Set its Initialstate to Trigger toggled. Put an Explodingwall actor into the hole (Actor-Effects-Explodingwall). Modify the properties of the exp.wall that it is logical in the situation. Set the mover's and the effect's tag to the same value and put a trigger into the hole. Set the trigger to TT-Shoot (Trigger-Triggertype) and set it to Triggeronceonly-True and set its Event to the value yuo set previously as the tag of those stuff. Do a little experimenting and it will do the job.

Fences:
Create a sheet with the texture you'd like MASKED. (Add special) Add an invisible collision wall behind it. (Add special)

That's it. I hope it will help.
Bye.