INF Coop server with Unreal (I) maps?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would you play on an INF Coop Server running all maps from Unreal and Unreal:RTNP ?

• Yes. I would even buy Unreal/RTNP in order to play. (Cheap on eBay or Amazon)

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Yes and I already own Unreal and RTNP.

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • No. But I would if you use maps which are freely available (e.g.Operation Na Pali)

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • No.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Stinkmarder

[JgKdo]
Feb 3, 2001
Germany
chuckus said:
Lib when playing single player games you have to summon the translator. summon unrealshare.translator in your console.
He knows that. He gets the "new translator message" so he has a translator in his inventory.
It sounds like he forgot to select the UTTranslator mutator.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Oppps, so you're already playing? Gotta catch up with you guys in the server...c ya! ;-)

(Damn...its so much fun, this way of playing gives INF a whole new horizon...history mode is more challenging than plain mission gametypes...the monsters are only a Spice up! ;-)

Last edited:

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Considering the fact that we all died 2 to 5 times per map yesterday I doubt that we need more monsters.
First we should improve our teamwork ....

About 90% of those deaths are attributed to TKing or to fall damage not actual monsters killing us.

I don't like this idea. The monsters are part of the story. I don't want to have them randomly placed all across the map.

EDIT: part of my post disappeared. The monsters already in the map with the right muty will not overide or kill off preplaced monsters. With random monsters a mundane hallway may have 2 or 3 skaarj that flank us so a side and rear guard become necesary.

Especially not the wrong race of monsters. Imagine a Queen in the first map. Would be nonsense.

The monsters are configurable. You can set what spawns and what doesn't. how many etc. In mine I have only skaarj and krall and skaarj spawn rarely. It's mostly Krall, krall elit and mercenaries.

I say give it a try as right now since everyone knows where everything is. It's not at all tactical. Teamplay stinks because we're all trying to get shots in rather than focus on covering the flanks or rear.

links to SP campaigns

Deja Vu
ZeroBlack
The elder

these are some of the notables.

The website has reviews for all of the maps

Check this site

www.unrealsp.org

It has all the available community packs.

Last edited:

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Sorry for Tk you Chuckus...;-) But I agree we need more monsters in open maps and if there´s more than 3 players... While I was playing with Psycho and Stink, they were enough challenge, but after Crowze Losus and you came around, we were really "killing each other" to score a monster kill XD

Stink, include Brazilian Lizard camo in the textures! plz!! ;-)

Combatmaps link: http://combatmaps.planet-multiplayer.de/index.php?site=dl&id=282

And to praise Chuckus, you could use Crowze´s Spawner Mut
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2024200#post2024200
That is easely configurable which monster and how much spawns they would have... I´m playing Sp right now and it gives a good new challenge in the early stages of the game...;-)

Last edited:

Corporal_Lib [BR]

INFers of the world, unite! Join today the Universal Mercs from Space and Beyound, in theyr thrilling search for glory, fame and Skaarj skulls !
You can have cheerful moments in astonishing sightseings (Shot0006), visit classical monuments and hystorical sites (Shot0008)... or just sit around the fire with ya buddies (Shot0007) and eat some nice Skaarj BBQ and get drunk of Nali Beer (Shot0005)!

Join us at 1800 UTC at inf.cerberon.net:17777 server nearby you!

Attachments

• Shot0006.jpg
    Shot0006.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Shot0008.jpg
    Shot0008.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Shot0007.jpg
    Shot0007.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Shot0005.jpg
    Shot0005.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 25

Stinkmarder

[JgKdo]
Feb 3, 2001
Germany
chuckus said:
The monsters are configurable. You can set what spawns and what doesn't. how many etc. In mine I have only skaarj and krall and skaarj spawn rarely. It's mostly Krall, krall elit and mercenaries.
I want this to be configurable on a per-map basis. Crowze's mutator can't to this.
I think will write one which lets you specify what to spawn in which map.
I could even make it spawn things in predefined locations, e.g. those crates we need everywhere... :)

I say give it a try as right now since everyone knows where everything is. It's not at all tactical. Teamplay stinks because we're all trying to get shots in rather than focus on covering the flanks or rear.
Ack!

links to SP campaigns
Thanx.

Stinkmarder

[JgKdo]
Feb 3, 2001
Germany
Some screenshots.
#1: action
#2: big toy
#3: taking the float
#4: Titan #3
#5: telefragged a Titan

Attachments

• Shot0003.bmp.jpg
    Shot0003.bmp.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Shot0007.bmp.jpg
    Shot0007.bmp.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Shot0023.bmp.jpg
    Shot0023.bmp.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Shot0039.bmp.jpg
    Shot0039.bmp.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Shot0038.bmp.jpg
    Shot0038.bmp.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 21

Stinkmarder

[JgKdo]
Feb 3, 2001
Germany
more:
#1: Psycho
#2: Lemon in the dark
#3: posing in front of the sleeping giant
#4: translator in action
#5: Losus found a shieldbelt

Attachments

• Shot0084.bmp.jpg
    Shot0084.bmp.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Shot0073.bmp.jpg
    Shot0073.bmp.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Shot0057.bmp.jpg
    Shot0057.bmp.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Shot0048.bmp.jpg
    Shot0048.bmp.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Shot0054.bmp.jpg
    Shot0054.bmp.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 16

Corporal_Lib [BR]

I make chorus with Psycho...UTCompass is much more usefull (mark position of radio messages/players, is transparent, stylish, etc...)
And the Stargate campaign is interesting (everyone should use the P90, heheh)

And I would suggest a fun "hardware" that you can dl from Zoras page: THE LIGHT SABER! It deflects incoming blasts and slice n dices pesky spydies and other UT attacking bugs, just look at the pics (Shot0000 and shot0005):

Dl at: http://zzora.altervista.org/download.html#Zora (its the second mod in the table)

PS: Im the one that telefragged that Titan Stink showed above... Kame Hame HAAAAAAA heheh ;-)

Attachments

• Shot0000.jpg
    Shot0000.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Shot0005.jpg
    Shot0005.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Update:
More monsters now! My gametype got a "MonsterMultiplier", which is set to 4 at the moment.

Great to hear. Losus and I tried it out but the monsters sometimes attack each other -.- I like you mutie idea better but we gotta find a way to keep the monsters from slaughtering each other. I think it may be the native map monsters versus the spawned ones.

Check Monster Spawn's code as it found a solution to this problem.

All in all this probably one of the best times I've had playing INF. I love the fact people actually play tactically for once lol.

Last edited:

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Lib, the Unreal missions are easy to get into UT because all you need is the maps and music. The expansion adds all kinds of stuff - weapons, monsters, that you'd need to get into there as well. It might be possible, but I've never seen it done.

That being said, I wouldn't mind playing some of the Operation NaPali maps in Inf :).

Last edited:

Corporal_Lib [BR]

The Key for the fun in this gametype is that ppl play with and don´t against each other, in other words, COOP is suppaduppa! ;-)

I´ve tried to load NaPali maps yesterday, but all maps display an error like "object not loading" o something, the message displays so fast I can´t read it... Does it need some coding (or including all NaPali system .u and int inside UT99 to work???)

[edit]: playing COOP such old game as Unreal1 recalls me playing Streets of Rage, Ninja Turtles and other cooperative videogames of my teenage! Quite good nostalgia! (thirty yo crisis XD

Last edited: