Stalingrad?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sidewinder

Sep 11, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Yes, it is very good. I havn't seen it in a while but i remember it being a good film. The germans actually speak german, and don't have a phony accent.

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
pfft, if you want a super-accurate/realistic war movie, watch The Longest Day. It may be so boring that it really seems like the longest day, but thats the price to pay for accuracy in movies.

btw sidewinder, in The Longest Day, not only do the germans speak german and the french speak french, the german section of the movie was also directed by a german, the french by a frenchman, the american by an american etc.

Sidewinder

Sep 11, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Be warned that stalingrad is not a historical reference (like all movies) but the story of the men in the stalingrad kessel and the horrors they endured. Thus there are innaccuracies. One thing I noticed with stalingrad is they do to the russians as hollywood films to the germans (make them look like mindless killing machines).

The longest day is a decent flick, they show the commonwealth beaches as well as the american ones, and the british airborne drops as well as the american ones. It is a bit dated, though, so the quality is so-so. And john wayne is terrible.

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
Which version are you talking about ? There are many.

If you want to see a war movie with no concessions, brutal and tough, go check the TV serie: "Warriors".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119873/

I can't imagine something more real.

If you want to see the absurdity of the Bosnian war, check "No Man's Land" (and it won the best foreign movie oscar in 2001). You'll laugh, you'll be ashamed and you'll get a punch in your face... Just check it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283509/

MadWoffen

Soon! ©
May 27, 2001
Belgium
www.bifff.net
P.S.: some scenes in Warriors may lead some parents to forbid you to see the rest of the serie (or to disgust you so much you don't want to see the rest - the case of my gf who was never able to see it till the end), just to advise.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
warriors was hot and great at the same time . this movie can **** your mind ; its not realy violent , yes a bit , its just WOW.

Attachments

• Shot0010.jpg
    Shot0010.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Shot0013.jpg
    Shot0013.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Shot0020.jpg
    Shot0020.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Shot0023.jpg
    Shot0023.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Shot0026.jpg
    Shot0026.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Olethros

Functional alcoholic
Seeing as Warriors and No man's land have already been mentioned, how about Savior? Haven't seen it yet, but it's supposed to be pretty good.

And back on topic: Yes, Stalingrad is a great movie. Better than Enemy at the gates. At least in my opinion.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
If you want to see what the Vietnam war would be like if it took place in Arizona and everyone was retarded, check out We Were Soldiers.

Grim_Reaper ~UFS~

You're all gay and stupid.
Aug 1, 2002
coolgamer1.50megs.com
MadWoffen said:
Which version are you talking about ? There are many.

If you want to see a war movie with no concessions, brutal and tough, go check the TV serie: "Warriors".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119873/

I can't imagine something more real.

If you want to see the absurdity of the Bosnian war, check "No Man's Land" (and it won the best foreign movie oscar in 2001). You'll laugh, you'll be ashamed and you'll get a punch in your face... Just check it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283509/

I saw No Man's Land. It was a good movie with a great ending.