The Baseballs

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mastame

Dec 27, 2004
The Netherlands
Check this out. It's a proper cool band from Germany covering well-known popsongs with an Elvis-like flavour. Believe they're not at all known in the USA, thought I'd share it with you. :lol: They managed to totally fix Umbrella:

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM2177pHMT0[/M]

They recently released an album featuring covers of Umbrella, Love in This Club, Hey There Delilah, Bleeding Love, Hot N Cold, I Don't Feel Like Dancin', Don't Cha, Let's Get Loud, Angels, Crazy In Love, This Love and The Look (bonus track).

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
That was quite horrible, and very German at that.

Surely there is no need to fix "Umbrella" (or "Hot N Cold" for that matter)?

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
One of my friends keeps playing that album everytime I'm driving aroudn with him. That's also one of the friends I went to Italy and Amsterdam with... and I'm the NiN guy so you can imagine how much I like them ;)

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
oh hey, I'm glad I clicked on this thread now.

that was actually pretty awesome.
great find Dao.

I'm going to have to see if I can buy more of it now.
these guys really put the original "artists" of the songs they're covering to shame.

like that Katy Perry song.
it sucks until it's covered by The Baseballs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU4uJUZHVJM

gotta' add this one too, just outstanding.
they did such a great job of capturing that 50's Doo-Wop sound. this is probably the best one I've heard from them so far.
[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McO2ckRO4AY[/m]

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
This band is really great.

What is it with Germany and Elvis love? I didn't know about that until David M started gushing about it.

edit
well, I guess they aren't the only Elvis lovers

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I don't know, so far the two Germans commenting in this thread have been the only ones disliking the cover band. :p

(I do like the real Elvis though.)

Considering my very broad taste in musical genres it's not surprising that I enjoy some Elvis ;)

if you guys want to check out even more annoying German bands google 'the wiseguys' and 'the boss hoss'. I think the baseballs copied their concept from the boss hoss who, surpsise surprise, fill their albums with countryfied versions of popular music.

IMO the best German bands are Die Ärzte, The Can... and... nothing... else...