USB Problems....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Hi,
I’ve been having problems with my USB, when ever I put in a didgi cam or a card reader my PC restarts. It’s not limited to one type of didgital amera media, however I’ve not had ant problems with any other types of USB devices (including my scanner). I’ve tried putting it directly into the Pc and connecting it via a hub, I’ve also tried several USB ports. Any computer stats….
Win Xp
Athlon 1800+
Uh anything else?
-How.

Exar

INForcer
Nov 7, 2001
The Netherlands
www.inforcers.net
The_Pikeman said:
Hi,
I’ve been having problems with my USB, when ever I put in a didgi cam or a card reader my PC restarts. It’s not limited to one type of didgital amera media, however I’ve not had ant problems with any other types of USB devices (including my scanner). I’ve tried putting it directly into the Pc and connecting it via a hub, I’ve also tried several USB ports. Any computer stats….
Win Xp
Athlon 1800+
Uh anything else?
-How.
What motherboard?
Try updating drivers for your motherboard (VIA 4-in-1 patch if you have a VAI board for example)
If that doesn't help, maybe the digicam and/or cardreader have drivers that are not good for WinXP....
Try getting newer XP-drivers for them.... WHQL if possible.

Last edited:

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
its because you're using a digital camera, and you have no autonomy and would rather a piece of fragile irreplaceable electronics do the job for you than focus, set the aperture and scan the picture yourself.

I'm sorry, i hate digital cameras.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Ah yes but the images are not mine tey are a freinds and this is a good digi cam .... its a 5megapixel one. Oh and its not the motherboard, I've updated the drivers. I'm leaning towards a problem with win XP and the way it handels digi cams/removable media
Have you looked at the Event Viewer to see what error message it leaves

Cheers RL I'd forgotten about that ... I get 4 error events when the cam is turned on all NetBT errors any way this is one ...

Event Type: Error
Event Source: NetBT
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4311
Date: 29/08/2003
Time: 10:03:40
User: N/A
Computer: TELETRAN1
Description:
Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 00000000 00580001 00000000 c00010d7
0010: 00000113 c0000001 00000002 00000000
0020: 00000000 00000000

-How.

Last edited:

2_SeeK_U

uni.... meh...
Oh god l've got a USB prob too,

I bought a brand new Toshiba laptop with xp pro installed, l boot up and put in my usb disk drive, then want to exchange it for a usb keyboard or something like that, so l go to Safetly unplug it and it crashes, BLUE SCREEN and all, its the only time l've seen one. This does it all the time.
I can't replace the drivers either, well not that l've tried to hard, l go to replace and the same blue screen pops up. I think l need to find a fresh set online, there NEC pci to usb enhanced or something like that....

I can work around the problem cos the lappy has three ports so l don't need to unpplug oftern, but its just annoying nowing you have a problem on a thing you've spent a crap load on...