UT4 Pre-Alpha Build Updated

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Many of our readers surely know that you can get and play UT4 right now through Epic's UT forums. All you have to do is register on the forums here and visit this link to get started. (Click 'YES' then my recommendation is to get the Epic Launcher as it keeps the game up to date and has much smaller modular updates each week).

What you might not know is that the last several builds have done big work on mouse feel, and the latest build today increased the movement acceleration significantly. All these together make the game feel REALLY GOOD to play right now.

Additionally, we have a BeyondUnreal server set up to play CTF to your heart's content. You can join it in the server browser or by typing 'open mothership.beyondunreal.com' in the console. And make sure you join us tonight and tomorrow night for our weekly FragBU event from 8pm EDT until people get bored. More info is available in the FragBU thread on the forums.

Frag you later!!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Not mouse acceleration, movement acceleration. Different things :)

UTNemesis

Feb 24, 2008
I really like the changes to the bio rifle where you can make a web in combination with the link gun. It's a neat idea at least.

DarkEmperor

Buried By The Dead
Mar 22, 2002
Visit site
Not mouse acceleration, movement acceleration. Different things :)

ROFL, I completely overlooked that! :lol: I saw mo... and acceleration and immediately red alarm was ringing all over in my head :D

Can't blame me I am so much burned over the years having to fight every time for trivial and sane things like a correct FOV, the lack of mouse acceleration etc. etc. that my brain (or whatever is left of it) short-circuits :D

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Fortunately plenty of people have been raking them over the coals about mouse feel. I think this might be the best UT in terms of mouse feel in a long time.