Unreal4Ever?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DaBeowulf

UT-mods Geek
Feb 25, 2002
Germany, near Cologne
Visit site
I'd say TacOps is the only thing that really kicked off. It went retail and has the greatest amount of servers of any mod for UT. But although I played and enjoyed it myself for some time before it got put on storeshelves and a bit thereafter I must say Infiltration, Night's Edge (while having uberpowered instagib nades) and TTR are all more to my liking because of their iron sights aiming and noCS settings.

JailBreak is too much like normal UT, I need more change, and the gametype isn't mindblowing either.
MonsterHunt is SP material. It provides code for bot allies anything else can be had without it, too (CoOp).

The mods I enjoy and which I still can play online with ppl (i.e. that have servers and ppl joining 'em) are Infiltration and ThieveryUT.

I wish ppl would still play WeaponsFactoryUT. Strangelove on the SL specific Assault maps would be fun as well. Same goes for TTR and Night's Edge.

I love all UT mods, though. All are worth checking since UT is just soooo sweet a game(engine).
<3 the chopper cockpit free-view stuff in AirfightUT, <3 the things Blitzkrieg1941 came up with so early like the inventory/communication and squad command menus among other stuff, <3 USkaarj for the Unit selection and commanding interface, <3 NeoCairo for the (dis-/)mountable vehicle code and the models/hud style/some of the music/s_o_t maps, <3 ... :)

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
Nights Edge wasn't tahtnbad, no. But it god bored really fast, bad maps and the physics looked really off.

And about taht effort from modders, I agree taht they should get credit for the effort and all, but padding eachother on the back all the time ain't good either. The community's sometimes lack constructive critisisme.

And as for my modding efforts, I can only do the visual part, the coding will bge done by a poor single soul as no one else has applied to the job.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Among my favourite mods are Jailbreak, because it's tons of fun to play (especially executing the opposite team. Some maps really have these creative ideas nicely worked out, are really suiting - JB-maffia f.e. - or JB-Freya][-]|[)

Superb mod, imho.

Monsterhunt is also a lot of fun to play. If you play with people who work as a team, and want to have fun the mod shines.

As for ehm.. "realism" mods. I've tried Strikeforce, wasn't bad but meh..
TacOps, nice but meh as well..
Not my thing.