The Terrible GPF of DOOM!!!11

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Ok, so I get this GPF at least four times a day. Today, this was the fifth one (lucky me!). All happened within the span of an hour, always after the map switches on {GD}EAS. Anybody know what the hell this is all about? I sure don't...

Any suggestions, aside from 'reinstall INF / Windows'?

Attachments

• GPFdoom.JPG
    GPFdoom.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 48

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Reminds me of the GPF mapswitch in the RAv2 days..

There are a lot of speech- things in there. Maybe something to do with a comvoice pack?

cracwhore

Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Of course!

edit: I don't run speechpad, but it has been deleted. Probably won't do anything. I'll let you know in fifteen minutes.

edit2: Pings on EAS server are beating the pings of the Euro servers for us U.S. Players...something is causing mucho lag...

Attachments

• GPFdoom1.JPG
    GPFdoom1.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

frenchfrog

The mighty batrachian
Jan 18, 2004
Quebec, Canada
www.ghostdogs.net
hmmm I don't think it's speech pad related. Last class before the crash = "Class INF_PickupMenuFix.INF_BonusPickupWindowsFix OptPickup[7]"

It's seems to be appenning in "Cleanup". After a quick look it seems to be appening when the speech window from the "action menu" get garbage collected. Bug in the extended INF_PickupMenu?

cracwhore

Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
GPF vanished, but the server is laggier than ever...hrmm...

/me crosses fingers that the GPF doesn't come back

- Lich -

Jul 1, 2004
Let me have a guess: you used the new INF Pickup (under equipment) to grap something? Case yes...stop it. Does lead to this sometimes (at least thats what I think, cause it sometimes happens after I used it).

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
- Lich - said:
Let me have a guess: you used the new INF Pickup (under equipment) to grap something? Case yes...stop it. Does lead to this sometimes (at least thats what I think, cause it sometimes happens after I used it).
Same. Only once tho, didn't try anymore.

cracwhore

Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Hrm...I wonder if that is a problem? I don't think I used the pickup menu after that last GPF...

Interesting...I'll try it later. And if I find that causes GPFs, I will probably come back here and start throwing croissants at Beppo...

cracwhore

Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Fuck...

Here we go again... :rolleyes: :mad:

How many times does this need to happen on a daily basis before there's grounds for a (community) recompile / massive beta test / updated release?

Attachments

• GeePeeEFF.JPG
    GeePeeEFF.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 7