Hyperblast in q3..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I've been keeping an eye on this conversion, and he's finally released it.

Hyperblast in the quake3 universe

What do you think? Imho it looks truthfull to the original. Probably a bit smaller.

Other conversions: Curse, Turbine iirc, Lavagiant (watergiant), morpheus and face as well (which was horrendous).

Damn, why did the reviewer had to mention "Unreal arena". That was such an awesome project! Shame it wasn't meant to be.

Last edited:

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
That is unbelievable,seems like somebody liked the map too much,that he made it for Quake3,too.Looks not bad,even when I never played Quake3.:)

When they like it make UT maps for Quake3,I suggest them to make a Quake3 Deck16 map,bettest DM map in the Unreal history!:D

Last edited:

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Q3? LOLOLOLOL

Good to see UT maps are being remade for other games. I remember playing Nexuiz version of Face a year ago and it was fun.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
Phobos was made for the "Unreal arena" mod. It looked quite spectacular, imho.

Aha, here's what "Unreal arena" looked like:

http://meanarena.planetquake.gamespy.com/unrealarena.html

The first three shots are Dm-phobos.

Note: Would you decide on downloading this mod, remember you'll be playing (pretty much) a very early beta version.

It's a shame he had to end that project, it would have been a beautiful marriage. It looks awesome, the weapon models look better too.