The Crucible v1.1 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I always love seeing updates from RuneStorm because these guys know how to make it look great, and the screenshots and weapon guides that accompany The Crucible v1.1 update news are no exception. Download it now while you check out the change list and pics below.

• 5 new DM maps: RavenStone, Abandoned Temple, Dark Sanctum, Corrupted Woods, Hallowed Ground
  • New interactive explosive barrels added to Crucible maps
  • New HUD
  • New UI frontend
  • New player movement system
  • New player anims for new moves
  • New in-game scoreboard
  • Expansive Team-Manager to customize teams
  • Crucible characters reflect chosen team colors
  • Bladematch Gametype
  • Added old "Hel" character

... all this in addition to all previous weapons, characters, maps, vehicles, gametypes included in the previous version.

Jam3s

Apr 25, 2008
There are pics, great work as always runestorm.
I cant log in over at there forums, ol james cant post there anymore :(

ShadowBlade

RuneStorm developer
May 4, 2006
South Africa
www.runestorm.com
Thanks guys :)

@ James: Can you PM cyberax, or check out the support thread for troubled logins? I'll ask cyberax about it anyway.. sorry for the trouble :(

Pics on our site i'm still trying to get together. giving me hassles..

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
This is a TC, right? I think (no, I'm pretty sure) I would have preferred something like BW, which is compatible with other custom content. More fun that way.

[NBK]Rattman

Goo God
Feb 22, 2005
nbkillas.com
I downloaded this the other day and was really blown away by how good the weapons are....I would really like more maps that go with the theme of the mod!!

Great work Runestorm!

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
is this mod worth reinstalling UT3?

it looks pretty outstanding.

Yes.

Just Yes.

There are some really good aspects with this but i was a bit disappointed byt the fact that there where no new weapons

But the movement system rocks.

There is also the bug that when you run at higher resolution allot of the Gun disappears,.

Last edited:

hatdi

Sep 22, 2008
Problem after installing crucible

Hi,

I installed and played Crucible, but since then I cannot play UT3 and I didn't have previously any problem with Ut3.
When I try to play a single map it ut3 hangs and not responding.
Does anybody else have a similar problem?

Thanks

Chronogyre

Dec 20, 2009
Yeah hatdi. Me too. F*ck.

First time since I own UT3 (from day one) I use an installer. I ALWAYS installed UT3 stuff manually and I NEVER had a single problem from 1rst version to the most recent 2.1. - Titan pack included.
Today I was just a bit lazy and started to think "My, that RuneStorm stuff looks solid...". In fact I already have some RS weapons installed and working great.
So. I ran the installer, played some Crucible and now I can launch the game but it always hangs at any map loading screen. Sometimes amb sounds load but that's all.
When I launch The Ball mod, I only get the dev logo, then black screen...

Sh*t. I'll try now to go manually hunt down those Crucible 1.1 files. I'll be back with news...

EDIT: OK. Everything back to normal. Pheew!
I first unpacked The Crucible 1.1 (CX) installer within a folder on the desktop. Then, according to this folder hierarchy, I manually removed all the CX files from my UT3 install.
More precisely, I already had older standalone RuneStorm chars and weapons installed and working. I don't know if it's relevant, but the CX installer overwrote some files of this standalone stuff. So I removed everything RS and manually reinstalled my fave RS chars and weaps and voilà.

I don't really know what caused the problem, but I'm curious to know if you also previously installed some RS stuff in your game...

Last edited:

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
Hi,

I installed and played Crucible, but since then I cannot play UT3 and I didn't have previously any problem with Ut3.
When I try to play a single map it ut3 hangs and not responding.
Does anybody else have a similar problem?

Thanks

just noticed this on mine

Also when i play Crucible (TC) it doesn't keep any preferences.

hatdi

Sep 22, 2008
First time since I own UT3 (from day one) I use an installer. I ALWAYS installed UT3 stuff manually and I NEVER had a single problem from 1rst version to the most recent 2.1. - Titan pack included.
Today I was just a bit lazy and started to think "My, that RuneStorm stuff looks solid...". In fact I already have some RS weapons installed and working great.
So. I ran the installer, played some Crucible and now I can launch the game but it always hangs at any map loading screen. Sometimes amb sounds load but that's all.
When I launch The Ball mod, I only get the dev logo, then black screen...

Sh*t. I'll try now to go manually hunt down those Crucible 1.1 files. I'll be back with news...

EDIT: OK. Everything back to normal. Pheew!
I first unpacked The Crucible 1.1 (CX) installer within a folder on the desktop. Then, according to this folder hierarchy, I manually removed all the CX files from my UT3 install.
More precisely, I already had older standalone RuneStorm chars and weapons installed and working. I don't know if it's relevant, but the CX installer overwrote some files of this standalone stuff. So I removed everything RS and manually reinstalled my fave RS chars and weaps and voilà.

I don't really know what caused the problem, but I'm curious to know if you also previously installed some RS stuff in your game...
I didn't have previously installed any RS stuff (unless it was some other mod).
I did the same thing: I removed all Crusible files - which is not only the directory of the mod but also some other files in CookedPC - and now ut3 works again :)