Bot AI

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

vee[MERLIN]

Yer always friendly mapper guy
Oct 18, 2000
www.merlinclan.com
I have some problems to get bot's to do what I want them to do. Basically what im trying to do, is get them charge quickly down the hill and over a bridge, but they just don't seem to have that charge on mentality. They follow my pathnodes properly, but veery slowly. They don't want to come down from the hill very often, sometimes alone bot wanders to the bridge, but that happens quite rarely. I'd like to see them just get down that hill and over the bridge, but they just keep staying on the hill. Is there some some way to tell bot's something like "Get on this node quickly now, and proceed quickly to next node"?

V

bastard_o

Lead Designer
Hi Vee,

What have you got inbetween the player_starts and the place you want them to get to... Hopefully just path_nodes... and some attractor at the place you wish them to get to, ie a BIG UT weapon should work well.

The UT stuff will always get replaced with Inf_Spots away but should attract the bots in the same manner.

Or as the man said an ambush point with a stay time of not a lot maybe..

Oh, have you got nice clean blue lines inbetween your path_nodes... ?

Bastard'O

vee[MERLIN]

Yer always friendly mapper guy
Oct 18, 2000
www.merlinclan.com
Hmmm... No, no nice clean blue lines, there should be them..? :) Maybe too dense locating of nodes has something to do with that?
Only path_nodes between player_start and destination.

Ah, and thanks for the UT weapon hint, it seems to help , still have to work with it though.

V