UT2kX [Character] Rocket

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Aberiu

Oct 12, 2005
Moscow
aberiu.deviantart.com
[Character] Rocket (updated to v1.2)

A sullen pyromaniac, Rocket has been relentlessly blowing things up since her early childhood. Her appearance in the Tournament was just a matter of time.
Thanks to the family support, she now has a mighty sponsor and a caring teammate.

Although Rocket is not the smartest competitor out there, when backed by Lilian's tactical mind, she becomes a royal pain in the ass.

~6500 tris, two textures: 1024x1024 for the head and 2048x2048 for the body. 2 team colors.

More screenshots

As you can see from the screenshots, she is always carrying a special redeemer missile with her. At first I wanted it to work with custom species, so she could have one additional ammo for the redeemer or a slightly different version of the missile (more damage, faster traveling speed etc.)
But when I actually googled a bit I realized that this will involve too much programming which I'm totally incapable of, so I decided to release this model as it is.

UPDATED to v1.1

Changelist:
1) mostly rigging tweaks: thighs, shoulders, spine, ammo belt.
2) also fixed a pair of odd shadows on the diffuse map.
3) removed brackets and underscoring from the names for online compatibility.
4) made a new portrait.

UPDATED to v1.2

Changelist:
Fixed vertex weights on her left hand.

hand_fixed1_by_aberiu-d7ix8np.gif

DOWNLOAD

Any crits, advices and questions are always welcome. I also appreciate any help with bios. My English doesn't get any better, and despite the fact that I spent like 30 minutes with vocabulary writing these 4 sentences I'm still not sure if everything is correct.

Last edited:

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
You should avoid the custom species thing unless you really want things like new sound effects. Having a player model with a non-standards species gets you forbidden off those picky-as-hell "pro" servers - which will probably make you seen as a huge glowing colored Gorge anyway.

Aberiu

Oct 12, 2005
Moscow
aberiu.deviantart.com
leilei
By the way, some guy contacted me yesterday and asked for help with KAT.
Unfortunately I couldn't help him, but he noticed that you're also still working on some UT characters and asked me if I can forward his contacts to you.

[14:50:33] Daniel Wesoly: Could you contact him for me and tell him to get in contact with me
[14:50:44] Daniel Wesoly: Steam - killerwes
[14:51:02] Daniel Wesoly: Skype - cairn_trenor
[14:51:17] Aberiu: You mean leilei?
[14:51:25] Daniel Wesoly: Yep
[14:52:31] Aberiu: Why don't you register on BU forums and send him a pm? Cause basically that's the only thing I can do as well. I don't know his e-mail.
[14:53:22] Daniel Wesoly: Yeah that's what I meant.. I can't register in the forums for some reason
You decided not to receive PMs so I'll just leave it here.

Last edited:

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
No Steam stalking. That is strictly friends only.

Also, i've never used Kat. Meowcat is better to ask for Kat advice.

Finally, I haven't worked on a UT character in months. The last time I posted about them, it got derailed into requests for nude skins, leaving me with little actual feedback. fucking kaal979. Also i've had a death threat about making Peacock because it wasn't going to be for Gmod.

Last edited:

Hellkeeper

Soulless Automaton
Feb 16, 2014
France
hellkeeper.net
That's a very nice model. Looking at your sign, I realized you're the guy who made the Bikinigirls too. I like your work, very nice quality (and very nice girls too ofc).