Do you want Epic Games to hear your feedback?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Heed the advice given in the post linked below:

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=2081025&postcount=49

To sum things up: Epic reads your feedback unless you act like an asshat.

If you just want to make yet another witty, negative, and unconstructive remark, here's your thread: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=173723

That is not to say that complaints cannot be presented in well thought out and civil posts - they can. We all have wishlists concerning (insert issue here) and this forum is the place to make them known.

It's been a few months now and I think the time has come to realize that constant negativity is choking the forum like weeds and is doing nothing to move us all forward.

ShredPrince

Sep 14, 2005
CTF-Omicron BONG
I don't think it's so much people trying to get heard, I think it's that the WORLD has strong personalities, and people get passionate about stuff.

Having said that, I agree, and we need to try to help make things better, not worse. The last thing I wanna see, no more UT, or UC. That is why I started the thread "Best Elements of UT". I figured this would be very useful if Epic ever decided to read it.

So here is to positive suggestions etc.

NedroidicusPrime

Walking Contradiction
Jan 25, 2008
C-Bus, USA
i think some of the biggest things are being addressed in patch 2 (ie. teambalance, and webadmin).

The best thing for UT3 at this point (imho) would be to do 3 things:

1. Enable cross-platform: everyone on pc and ps3 are complaining about not enough games/servers out there (though it is rarely a problem finding a game). Cross-platform would help to fix that, and would do a lot to unite the community.

2. Enable auto-downloading for PS3 (i'm on pc, but i introduced a buddy to UT3 on ps3). Epic made a call to make UT3 more accessible to casual players. This is all good, I don't mind... it's just, NO CASUAL GAMER IS GOING TO DOWNLOAD ANYTHING THE WAY THINGS ARE SET UP. Add onto that the fact that there aren't nearly enough stock maps out of the box. This is turning off console ppl and giving UT a bad name. "We want to make it easier to play, but we won't include a STANDARD FEATURE that will make your life easier"... nice one guys...

3. Get voice chat working right. I mean, they are trying to add more team-oriented gameplay... so why not let us communicate with each other? Yeah I could use Vent, but then I have to try and hunt down an appropriate server, add on to that the additional resources for running another app (i'm on vista, so I don't like things runnin in bg). Heck, I would never play CS:S if there wasn't voice chat. Makes the game about unplayable. Plus it makes a tremendous difference in team performance as well.

Sorry about the rant, I love the game, but seeing so many stupid mistakes made is really just getting me frustrated.

I mean, seriously.... after 2k3 i could forgive them cause it was their first big f-up. This is the 2nd time they have done this, and they really screwed up some basic stuff that they did with 2k3 as well. After this I highly doubt that I will buy the first UT on a new engine ever again. I mean, it's a bit of a rip off.

@Hal
Yeah, it seems like since the crash there is nothing but flamin trolls on here anymore. You go from one post that is like 2 years old talking about how much the person is looking forward to it, and then right next to it is a new one flaming about something. Kinda funny, really disorienting.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I mean, seriously.... after 2k3 i could forgive them cause it was their first big f-up. This is the 2nd time they have done this, and they really screwed up some basic stuff that they did with 2k3 as well. After this I highly doubt that I will buy the first UT on a new engine ever again. I mean, it's a bit of a rip off.
Actually, this is the third time they've done this, if you are talking about not quite living up to the standard the community has placed on them. Unreal was treated exactly the same.

Lostsoul

boobs
Jul 3, 2005
pdX, Oregun
I did the nice approach in 2005 on the Epic/IGN boards when I asked about Conquest and the lack of Assault. It was a small forum that was checked by Mike and Joe, I got no response, i even pmed them. I gave up on trying to be nice after that.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
They should post a list of people they've ignored so those people will know to stop trying. :)

Unfortunately, that probably includes me. :(

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I like that thread. The only problem is that it doesn't ever really get updated. There are a dozen or more bugs listed in 1.2 changelog that are not light blue in that list.

Unknown Target

Jan 22, 2008
I generally try to be courteous, but I have a feeling I'm already on their ignore list. Back during the demo I posted a video of a cheater because I didn't know I wasn't supposed to - I got a warning from WarTourist - even though I edited the post and removed all references to the video and instead PMed an Epic employee. I haven't heard anything from Epic since.

Lostsoul

boobs
Jul 3, 2005
pdX, Oregun
I generally try to be courteous, but I have a feeling I'm already on their ignore list. Back during the demo I posted a video of a cheater because I didn't know I wasn't supposed to - I got a warning from WarTourist - even though I edited the post and removed all references to the video and instead PMed an Epic employee. I haven't heard anything from Epic since.

What are you talking about, there is no such thing as cheating in UT, that is why no anti-cheat is needed, duhhhhh.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Nice thread and well said Hal, mind you I think my post in that thread was semi-constructive. Could have done without all the fluff so perhaps I'll stay on bullets from now on, just less personal and more business I guess.

So where are we putting our crits etc again? In this thread or that one on utforums?

Unknown Target

Jan 22, 2008
How about a dedicated feedback forum, where everything is centralized and asshat posts are removed/ignored?

Help them help us and all that.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Not such a bad idea either Unknown Target, especially since there was a demo feedback one on utforums. It would also allow for alittle discussion on points from a more objective view perhaps.

I only ask if I should put them here on beyondunreal or not because well, I dont really agree with some of those additions listed in the OP of that thread at utforums. Some just dont apply to me, not being a clanner and all, some I just dont agree with though.

I got a small list of my own, not including bugs because I dont really have the time to test every little thing out. I have come across acouple in 1.2b4 but they are obvious so someone else would report those. I kinda went with a shortlists of what I consider to be must haves, not wants or this would be kewl, trying to keep previous UT game names out of it as well.

I guess I would just prefer everyone list their bits instead of having some master overseer who decides whats on and whats not :cool:

Last edited:

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Ogg vorbis support for ps3.
People like myself are shut-out contributing to the cool stuff library because not many, if any, level designers will use content that only works on PC.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
Ogg vorbis support for ps3.
People like myself are shut-out contributing to the cool stuff library because not many, if any, level designers will use content that only works on PC.
Meh -- I'd have no issues porting my map to the PS3 if I had time. (Need to get it working on the PC first though ;))

Though yes I'd definitely want OGG, or similar low-cost audio format, support on the PS3. I want to use my own sound effects. That's *why* I bought a condenser mic + phantom power box.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
They should post a list of people they've ignored so those people will know to stop trying. :)

Unfortunately, that probably includes me. :(

well let's hope not, you're a mine of useful insight & i for one have learned a great deal from listening to you over the years.

edit// Epic reads the forums, woot - here's one, playing UT3 hit Alt+Return/Enter to get to the desktop but no, you get UT3 in a window [rather than minimised to the taskbar] & to run the game again fullscreen requires resetting your resolution settings... do you guys not alt+tab out of games or what?
win xp sp2

oh & give us back our game chat on the main screen at all times, thanks.

Last edited:

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
- DX10 Support for true FSAA like in Gears of War
- Continuing UI improvements with many options similar to the UT Tweaker took created by Brad G. ... things like Blur, AF, StaticDecals, Lens Flares, Shadow Quality, etc. (Actually in this area if the UI was a clone of the one used in Gears of Wars PC I would be satisfied even though it doesn't compare to the way UT used to be in this regard. Actually if the devs looked at the Crysis UI they would see a great example of a nearly perfect PC gaming UI, particularly in the Graphics area ... this is much better than sliders for PC users ... who ever thought that was a good idea at Epic should really be assigned to another area of development ... they do not understand what a good PC game UI is and I am not trying to be mean or vicious, its a fact. )
- Your chosen character can use different voices (voice no longer tied to gender or faction)
- Bot support for Voicepacks like past UT titles
- Bot portraits for when you are choosing bot opponents
- Team Roster setups like in UT2K3/4 so it is easier to set up a team for the team games and the same roster is not shared with DM games so you don't have to always change your roster every time you change gametypes.
- Better stability so the game does not start stuttering or just plain crash while you are playing (no this is not a vid driver issue)
- Malcolm as a playable character and a bot opponent
- Settings like what mutators you use and game rules stay set until you change them like in all previous UT games
- Working motion blur for the PC version
- Return of announcer voice options
- Allow ALL cinematics to be viewed at any time after campaign is beat

So I am going to try this approach suggested by Wartourist and Hal and hope that some of these requests are looked at seriously and some changes are made.

Last edited:

Unknown Target

Jan 22, 2008
well let's hope not, you're a mine of useful insight & i for one have learned a great deal from listening to you over the years.

edit// Epic reads the forums, woot - here's one, playing UT3 hit Alt+Return/Enter to get to the desktop but no, you get UT3 in a window [rather than minimised to the taskbar] & to run the game again fullscreen requires resetting your resolution settings... do you guys not alt+tab out of games or what?
win xp sp2

oh & give us back our game chat on the main screen at all times, thanks.

Alt-Enter is supposed to do that :p