TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
I must admit that I hate unlocks. My enjoyment of the game has been somewhat decreased since the update. All my favorite servers are now 50% medic players.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
**** yeah!

Once the medic craze died down it was all good again. Presumably the new pyro achievements are going to cause a wave of pyro-related gayness, but that's ok... it's about the worst class in the game right now imho so I'm glad they are giving it a boost.

And I love those "meet the ______ " videos. :D

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I played TF2 for the first time this week. As i bought the orange box... finally. I was most impressed to find all the hype was quite justified. Portal was good fun.

I really like Team Fortress 2 and from reading this thread it's becoming a little clearer why there are so many more Medic achievements than any other class. So far I've mostly played Pyro to be honest. Not sure why, i picked him at first simply because he had an axe and that made him cool to me but all the maps i've played have been quite tight and so it'd be silly not to have a pyro running around.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Press G for... fun :)

Yeah I think I might try to get the rest of my medic achievements once the pyro rush hits. I kinda wanna save those for later, I find myself playing not the class I want achievements for but whats helpful for my team. Medic achievements I hammered out but if I need to be pyro in the future and I still got achievements to go it'll be much more worth switching same for the other classes :cool:

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Looks like they're keeping them a suprise for now. A lot of people are mentioning Steel, Redstone and Mach4 as good candidates.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Pyro update this Thursday? Wow. I wasn't expecting it for another 6 months. How the hell did Valve manage that one? At any rate, props to them. :tup:

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
Personally, I think the acheivement tree for the medic so far is quite ridiculous and farmy, ala WoW. I have no desire to play this game for 40 hours, just to acquire some fancy saw thing. Sorry.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Valve mentioned that they are reworking the achievement/unlock system in this next update. You're not required to unlock any of the alternative weapons either, and they are, for the most part, just that - an alternative with tradeoffs.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
<Medic>I am on fiyar!</Medic>

Personally, I think the acheivement tree for the medic so far is quite ridiculous and farmy, ala WoW. I have no desire to play this game for 40 hours, just to acquire some fancy saw thing. Sorry.

The new weapons aren't all that great aside from the Blutsauger, so the only reason you'd need to go for the Kritzkrieg or the Ubersaw is if you really want them. Neither are very useful in-game, although the Blutsauger certainly has it's uses.

All the weapons have big downsides to them as well as upsides, so none of them are really required, it just depends on your playing style.

But I'm a Medic by preference, so I am biased ;) I just managed the 10,000 heals per life achievement, which was the only one I really wanted to get, so I'm happy :)

I'm looking forward to the Pyro weapons, should be good fun, even though Pyros can get very, very annoying at times.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Yeah, the time lapse is hilarious and the slo-mo reload at the end is pretty slick. I liked it more than Meet the Scout. Demoman is one of my favorites :) Maybe because I'm half Scotish

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
There is a glimpse of the new pyro weapon in there too. Not much to go by, but kinda interesting.

Great vid, hard to say which one is my fave as they're all great. I guess scout is one that I don't find myself rewatching as much.