HolyWars

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Blast-Em-All

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
We had some fun playing HolyWars today except that either some people weren't listening when i explained the rules or were just too dumb to follow them /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif So i'm going to explain them again here so that when u ppl join my HolyWars server, you won't be asking 'why am i getting negative points and can't kill anyone?'

Here are the RULES:
halo.jpg

1)Form the start, everyone is a Sinner.
A Sinner is not allowed to shoot at other Sinners.

2)The Halo will then spawn after twenty seconds somewhere in the level, and the first person to pick it up will be the Saint.

3)Everyone should should try to kill the Saint, and the Saint should try to kill everyone else to defend himself and get frags.

4) When the Saint dies, he will drop the Halo. The person who picks it up will then be the next Saint, and so it continues. If noone picks up the Halo in ten seconds, it will disappear to later spawn at it's spawnpoint.
The result is a furius one aginst everyone else.

5)To prevent people from ruin the game for others, a Sinner killing Sinners will soon become a Heretic. A Heretic cannot shoot other Sinners, just the Saint.

6)Everyone else should kill the Heretics to get easy frags. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

7)The only way to get normal again is to pick up the Halo. A Saint is automatically freed from his sins.

Scoring

Picking up the Halo: 2
Killing a Sinner while you are the Saint: 1
Killing the Saint while you are a Sinner: 3
Killing a Sinner while you also are a Sinner: -1
Killing a Heretic: 1

Oh yeah, alost forgot, get Holy Wars here

[This message has been edited by [PuF]Blast-Em-All (edited 02-18-2000).]

BeZerKeR

Feb 12, 2000
hometown.aol.com
I'm very interested in this mod, but i actually play a lot of single-player bot matches (I don't get very good pings, the cable is coming soon) and I was wondering how the bot play is with this mod? Anyone know?

bullet2.gif

"Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows... nor do I"
"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"

[PuF]STC_Haplo

Jan 22, 2000
Scotland
utatstc.homestead.com
Yeah it was way cool except for the way that only about 3 of us were doin the right thing eventually everyone was just firin blind but it was fun.....

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Two in the heart and one in the head....Always leaves the enemy dead....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blast-Em-All

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
BeZerKeR, i know that it IS possible to play Holy Wars with bots, but i don't know how good they are, never tried. Just download and try it for youself, it's a pretty small download. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

F

[FiS]Prophetus|PUF

Blast, I was one of those idiots /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif. It was listening, but the game was so damn fast, I couldn't keep up with your instructions. When I hit the tilde key to read what you said, it would scroll back down so fast because everyone was saying something. I saw the saint, but how do you recognize the heretic. I couldn't see him (maybe because I was the heretic the whole game /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif). Sorry to spoil the game. I understand now. Geez, that game was fast! But, fun. Also, since I'm not that good...everytime I aimed at the saint, some sinner would get into the path of my rockets...thus making me a heretic. Anyway, I was the evil bastard and now I lay on the cross of redemption for all to see /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif. Send the unforgiving crowd to stone me at my inquisition /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif.