Mass Effect 3 "exclusives" are starting to pop up.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I've played it and, like others before me have repeatedly said, it feels like BFBC2 with vehicles. I honestly wouldn't classify it as "amazing" without any adjectives leading it. It's not the worst game ever made.

The infantry plays out similarly, but the game is largely focused on ridiculously larger maps and the coordinated use of vehicles with Infantry. Is it 100% different? Nope. Is it the most interesting, fun, beautiful squad based shooter currently out? I would say yes.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
*shrug* I'm not keen on it. I had a passing interest in BFBC2 but that game + vehicles doesn't really grab me at all.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Why would you want most of that crap anyway? Oh man I will get this super overpowered weapon when I start the game and then there will be no challenge whatsoever! I'm definitely looking forward to the game but that kind of DLC I have no interest in obtaining. New missions or characters, maybe if they are not overpriced.

Trustingsoup

Cannon fodder
Jan 20, 2008
In front of my computer
EA is really going all out with this promotion.

next week, a select intrepid few will have the opportunity to play the full game before it hits stores.
Publisher Electronic Arts will be launching copies of the game into space using weather balloons that will be released in New York, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Berlin, London and Paris.

Each game has a GPS tracking device onboard and fans can track their return to the Earth on masseffect.com to find a copy and play it a week or more before the game hits stores.

Usa Today

Anyone else remember WKRP in Cincinnati?

Turkey Drop

Last edited:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
next week, a select intrepid few will have the opportunity to play the full game before it hits stores.
Publisher Electronic Arts will be launching copies of the game into space using weather balloons that will be released in New York, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Berlin, London and Paris.

Each game has a GPS tracking device onboard and fans can track their return to the Earth on masseffect.com to find a copy and play it a week or more before the game hits stores.
Loooooooool. I hope the GPS device is easily removable once you find otherwise you're going to have people coming to your house to beat you up for a video game.

Edit: It would also be funny if everyone who found a copy just went straight to selling it on ebay.

Last edited:

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Oh and a new "Day one DLC".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-08-mass-effect-3-gets-from-dust-day-one-dlc

What the FUCK is a day one DLC? Just give me the fucking content since I forked over 50+ dollars for this god fucking dammit. I should just waited for tpb and gotten everything at once. :/

In our case, something we built while we waited for the main game to go through certification. That's obviously not going to go on disc, because of certification, but we had time to build more stuff in the meantime.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
In our case, something we built while we waited for the main game to go through certification. That's obviously not going to go on disc, because of certification, but we had time to build more stuff in the meantime.

If you want to call it that.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
You can call it something else if you like, but that's what it is. :)
Nothing stands in the way of you not believing me though. I am, after all, part of the evil machine.

I have many things to call it, but it would take me half a century to go through it all. Since you are part of the evil machine, is this crap priced appropriately or are we looking at 1 hours worth of gameplay for 15 bucks?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I have many things to call it, but it would take me half a century to go through it all. Since you are part of the evil machine, is this crap priced appropriately or are we looking at 1 hours worth of gameplay for 15 bucks?
This is my problem. I don't mind if the devs worked on new stuff while the game was being certified or whatever, but so much day one DLC is 1 hour of content for way too much money.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com

Since I am part of the evil machine, this is the internet, and I represent my employer if I discuss this stuff, I can't give you a straight up answer and detail as to why I think it. (if in the process I end up sounding like I'm full of it, sorry)

I don't know what it's priced at, but I vaguely recall a gamestop receipt image online saying it's 10 bucks, so I'll assume it's that for my answer. I think it's a cool piece of content, and I would likely pay 10 bucks myself (if I had to) to get it. I think it adds to the game enough that it's worth the price of entry. Obviously, I'd suggest you wait and see what people on the internet say (both fans and skeptics alike) to make your own call on it, but I like it.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Well if that the case then it's a different situation and I can understand why you're doing that.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I love when people we like (Sjosz) work for a company doing practices we have vilified (day one DLC) a million times over but suddenly we are forced to hedge our wording because we don't want to sound rude. It is an amusing social dance to spectate.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Well if that the case then it's a different situation and I can understand why you're doing that.

Not really a good excuse. Just put it all in an expansion pack released later on like they used to do in the old days. If anything that would make every piece of new content a lot better and more interesting than releasing it all separately as DLC imo. Or just release it as a free patch since the excuse is "it couldn't be certified", but that won't happen cause it's a bullshit excuse.

Edit: Something that pisses me off more than DLC, that I read in that link up there, is collectors editions with exclusive in game content, or pre-order exclusive in game content. Uuuuugh.

suddenly we are forced to hedge our wording because we don't want to sound rude.

Says who? Screw that! :rant:

Last edited:

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL

You do realize that 8 of those provide the same downloadable item, correct? It's not so much the DLC, but the merchandise that's paired with it. You're not missing out because you didn't buy the headset, or the artbook, or whatever. It's just one gun.

Also, what you posted more or less has already been posted in this thread before.

Last edited: