Does God worship a God?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
You guys read too much of the dumbed-down "We smack the particles like billiard balls" public releases that CERN and other accelerators make. The general public isn't able to accept that they are making black holes (albeit small ones). Dig past the normal public stuff and read the released work synopses. It's really friggin amazing stuff. I get like 5% of it but it's got serious "wow".
No, man, honestly I don't read into dumbed-down releases. What's the point? I reread what you posted, and maybe what you meant back there is that some particles are so short lived that they need to be accelerated so much so that they survive traveling from the collision spot to the detector. I see. But we again can continue to discuss what is "time dilation". What I'm saying is that those particles projected at very high speed, go through that "time dilation" _maybe_ because they acquire different physical characteristics.

Google neutrino detectors like the one that Fermilab operates. Cosmic rays strike the upper atmosphere and occasionally create special types of neutrinos. These decay almost instantly but because they are traveling so fast in relation to us they live long enough (again relative to us) to make it to the earth's surface and even pass through.
No, they don't have to live "longer" since they are travelling at very high speed, therefore it's enough for them to reach longer distances until they desintegrate

Einstein's theory of special relativity has been beaten on worse than evolution by minds far greater than ours and it has withstood every test. There is even movement now to declare it a law of physics.
I'm not sure that we are talking about the same thing here, so let's see where this gets me.

What I'm saying is that there's something overlooked: the observer and the Cesium clock are made of matter. You can't be sure that absolutely nothing happens to them, it's just a matter of time. If you project matter at near the speed of light, freeze near the absolute zero or subject it to gravity pull to one direction, that changes the speed and trajectory of the electrons around the nucleus of their atoms, right? Let's look at this extreme example: it's intuitive that near a black hole, in some matter travelling and being pulled to it, atoms change shape and become stretched or elliptic, and electrons stop rotating or stall facing the black hole or even get ripped of the atoms? How about it?

Changes to electron speed and trajectory influences the speed and intensity of chemical reactions. Changes in the nucleus may induce a subtle change the behavior of radiation emission, including those Cesium atoms. Regarding the twin paradox, why doesn't time pass slower to the high speed traveller due to basic slow down from atomic level to chemical reactions to metabolism and the way that the brain tracks time?

Anyway, you got me interested :p I'm going to read in detail about this, some day.

Last edited:

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
Read this: http://news.stanford.edu/news/2010/august/sun-082310.html
The strange case of solar flares and radioactive elements

When researchers found an unusual linkage between solar flares and the inner life of radioactive elements on Earth, it touched off a scientific detective investigation that could end up protecting the lives of space-walking astronauts and maybe rewriting some of the assumptions of physics.
L.A. Cicero

Peter Sturrock, professor emeritus of applied physics

BY DAN STOBER

It's a mystery that presented itself unexpectedly: The radioactive decay of some elements sitting quietly in laboratories on Earth seemed to be influenced by activities inside the sun, 93 million miles away.

Is this possible?
Ephraim Fischbach, a physics professor at Purdue, was looking into the rate of radioactive decay of several isotopes as a possible source of random numbers generated without any human input. (A lump of radioactive cesium-137, for example, may decay at a steady rate overall, but individual atoms within the lump will decay in an unpredictable, random pattern. Thus the timing of the random ticks of a Geiger counter placed near the cesium might be used to generate random numbers.)

As the researchers pored through published data on specific isotopes, they found disagreement in the measured decay rates – odd for supposed physical constants.

Checking data collected at Brookhaven National Laboratory on Long Island and the Federal Physical and Technical Institute in Germany, they came across something even more surprising: long-term observation of the decay rate of silicon-32 and radium-226 seemed to show a small seasonal variation. The decay rate was ever so slightly faster in winter than in summer.

Was this fluctuation real, or was it merely a glitch in the equipment used to measure the decay, induced by the change of seasons, with the accompanying changes in temperature and humidity?

"Everyone thought it must be due to experimental mistakes, because we're all brought up to believe that decay rates are constant," Sturrock said.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
Well not really though because he would believe in himself. He would have high self esteem.