Gears of War Interview

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Cliff Bleszinski and Mark Rein, two of the quietest guys you'll find at Epic HQ, offer up some A's to Q's from news0r. The interview takes place in Tokyo and centers around Gears of War. Lots of interesting stuff, so it's a good one to read even if you've read a few.

XCN: Will there be traditional first person shooter elements such as finding hidden routes/ areas to get hidden weapons and equipment?

Cliff: When humanity fell back to the Jacinto plateau in gears of war when they implemented there scorched earth policy. When you stage a mass evacuation like that you can only take a certain amount of people. So only 10% of humanity was able to escape so a lot of people were left behind, these people were called the stranded and they had to live almost like dare I say it ant frank, in hiding because the Locusts were everywhere. And so they have all sorts of secret passages, they have their resources set up so they can avoid the Locusts when the Locusts come, especially at night. And so if a stranded is alive then he’s obviously been thrifty and he’s been able to figure out how to avoid this very horrendous nightmarish threat. So a long story short I like secrets! And if I could use that Nintendo (makes beeping noise) that would work; but I can’t!

jimmyjoe

Sep 22, 2005
I dont want to mean but I think Gears of Wars in one of the most vaporware I have seen...

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Heh.. Right.

It has a release date of 'sometime next year when it's done' - that's not vapourware, that's careful planning.

Duke Nukem Forever, Team Fortress 2 - they're vapourware.

jimmyjoe

Sep 22, 2005
Yet,

each 2 or 3 days, you see a new blog dump, a new trailer, a new site, a new interview, and a new presentation...

vapour vapour

Bean 3:16

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
This article seems to bring out the best in grammar...

"ant frank" - She was an ant...that would explain a lot...

jimmyjoe said:
I think Gears of Wars in one of the most vaporware I have seen
Ha, you see this yes, it is the good, ha, hum, hum, do you keep goat in chain, yes? Oh, hum, it is the vapor in the well, gears, yes? Yes yes yes!

Bang_Doll

Freebasing Anime Chicks Since '96
Aug 10, 2005
hha3.netfirms.com
zeh said:
That quote sounds like it was translated from english to japanese and back to english.

I echo this statement. Somebody please translate all the gibberish it hurts my simple brain oh dear god why.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Yeah, it's unfortunate, the grammar mistakes.
However, I know these guys are text-ifying (lol) many interviews, so they are probably just blasting through them.

They should have found a couple proof readers though (I mean come on, they can't be hard to find when you have thousands of people reading it online anyway).
________
Head shop

Last edited:

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
jimmyjoe said:
Yet,

each 2 or 3 days, you see a new blog dump, a new trailer, a new site, a new interview, and a new presentation...

vapour vapour

The one thing I like about the internet is that you easily find even more stupid people than in real life.