Some sweet suggestions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gehenna_13

Nov 4, 2000
Hope I'm not posting this twice, but it didn't appear on the list.

INF Rocks. I'm a little sad that you removed assault, but the AI does need some work. Anyhow, here are a few suggestions:

1) When your character gets hit, halve their remaining stamina. This keeps wounded characters from running away so fast. Heck, a staggering animation might be cool.

2) Laying traps with the frags. Like, pulling the pin and leaving it leaning against a door. Neat stuff like that so us sniper types can secure our hiding holes. Of course, once the grenade's owner dies, remove it to keep things balanced.

3) The pistols don't kick hard enough. In real life, taking multiple shots with a pistol is tougher than with a good, heavy rifle.

4) Set up a "custom gameplay" screen, where you can, for example, take two teams, give them both different set-up lists, and let them go at it. I've discovered that taking 4 people equipped for assault ops and trying to waste 12 people equipped with small arms(pistols, occasional shotgun, maybe one sub-machine gun) is a whole lot of fun in single player mode. Being able to save and activate setups like that would be fairly simple to do, and would totally rock.

5) When all players are dead, switch the CPU over to a hunt-and-kill mode or something. They LOVE to camp.

6) I would also like a pony.

I am always impressed with this mod. You could easily launch this thing retail and stand up with Deus Ex and Rune.

gehenna_13

Nov 4, 2000
Hmmm...

While I'm on it, ricocheting bullets would be cool. Can you code things like that to be surface and angle specific? Hmmm...

Probably could, but it might slow things down...

Scoring for damage dealt would be more useful than frags. If someone cleans up a mess I'm making, I should still get some sort of points for it.

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 6) I would also like a pony.
[/quote]

I think theres a pony coming in 2.86. Fingers crossed.

Seriously though, I like the first idea a lot, its been on my mind for quite some time now. Wait for the bleeding system and see how it goes.

almightysig.JPG

fear the almighty highlighter!!!!

W

WRATHGAR sniper

I make grenade traps but for now we have to throw down the grende ammo (launchers and normal ones) and shoot like 4 seconds before the enemy is in range.

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
I definately like the first idea. I've been asking for this since the introduced 2.80. Maybe not halve the stamina, as much as reduce the maximum attainable stamina (permanent stamina maxium for the round) by the same percentage as your life is reduced when damaged.

ie: Taking 35% damage from a body shot with the Beretta, also permanently takes 35% of your stamina.

sigdarkness.gif

Assistant Coordinator,
Contributing Editor &
Graphic Artist
<A HREF="http://www.rlgaming.com" TARGET=_blank>REAL
LIFE GAMING (RLG)</A>

Hannibal

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
1)A good idea. It's been discussed, but I'd like it to happen sometime soon.

4)There's already a screen where you can completely customize up to four teams of bots, and save the loadouts.

5)I agree completely, I hate when the surviving bots from both teams try to outwait each other.