A thread for spending currency only for greatly discounted electronic transactions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Telltale is doing another bundle right now, The Meet the Players of Poker Night Bundle.

It includes all three seasons of Sam & Max plus Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People for $30. Other options are just the Sam & Max games for $20 or $10 for a single season.

Titan's Quest for $5?

Man, this game has been on sale so many times now or been included as a pre-order bonus for other games that they might as well just slash the price on it permanently at this point.

Mar 6, 2004
I dunno if this is much of a deal as you can probably get them for free but there is a sega genesis deal i just bought for $7.50. Normal price would be over $29.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Highlights of that sale:

Nation Red $3.39 - a Smash TV type game (overhead zombie smashing goodness)
Plants vs. Zombies $4.49 - just friggin buy it already

There are some other decent deals but have been a little lower than they are now.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Just watched a vid of Nation red. And tbh it looks extremely dull. Not sure what to think of those overhead games. Most of the times they just don't work for me. I tried the zombie shooter 2 demo for a while, and it was fun.. for a bit.. then I just forgot about it.
(I can't possibly immerse myself completely in the surroundings/mood of the game/main character's pov when it's from such a distance. Feels disconnected)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Nation Red is good if you like dual stick shooters and survival type games. If not, don't bother.

Just watched a vid of Nation red. And tbh it looks extremely dull. Not sure what to think of those overhead games. Most of the times they just don't work for me. I tried the zombie shooter 2 demo for a while, and it was fun.. for a bit.. then I just forgot about it.
(I can't possibly immerse myself completely in the surroundings/mood of the game/main character's pov when it's from such a distance. Feels disconnected)

Same for me. The only game that ever pulled this off well for me was Diablo. I think it's because it's so fantastically fake to begin with, I'm not trying to immerse myself as "I'm supposed to be that character.." it's more of a "I'm some higher being, like one of these demon's enemies, controlling that character"... I'm weird like that.

Great now I'm getting diablo 3 itches again...

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Zombie Shooter (and Alien Shooter) aren't really games you 'get into'. I really enjoy them but in a way where I'm fine with finishing it in like 2 sittings and then forgetting about it entirely.

I poked at Nation Red and wasn't really sure what to think. I think what I found most jarring was the grimdark serious vibe to the visuals, while the gameplay was pretty arcadey with temporary powerups and whatnot.
I think that's why it gets a lot of flak as well. Looking at the screenshots it almost looks like an overhead Resident Evil. Once you play it it's more geometry wars.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah it's not at all any kind of Diablo or Zombie Shooter clone... it's a simple overhead action game. You, a smallish arena, zombies, lots of guns. I figured most people were familiar with Smash TV but maybe not.

Fuzzle isn't far from the mark with the Geometry Wars comparison. The nice thing is it's a real indie title and they're constantly tweaking and updating it. They've recently added some powerups and a co-op mode, for instance.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
GameTap still hasn't disabled their Halloween sale.

Resident Evil 5 - $7.50
Ghostbusters - $5
Dead Space - $10
Aliens vs. Predator (the new one) - $10
Dead Rising 2 - $26

Linky.

Also, probably for the World Series:
MLB 2K9, MLB 2K10, and MLB Front Office Manager for $3 on Steam. Even if you think baseball is the most boring sport on the face of the earth, this one's a no-brainer. (They're also on sale separately, so if you just want MLB 2K10 you can get that for $2. Or 2K9 for $1...)

*EDIT: Gah, both of those are over now. :(

Last edited: