Anyone tried Serious Sam 3: BFE?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
It looked pretty promising for someone like me who's looking for a mindless killfest of a game. Also, MODS, MODS EVERYWHERE.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Wasn't there a thread about it yet?
Best recent FPS game. Still not as good as The Second Encounter. I don't have anything to say more because you simply just play it and it owns.

Also got the DLC mission pack of it and goddamn it is cool environment-wise

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Best recent FPS game. Still not as good as The Second Encounter. I don't have anything to say more because you simply just play it and it owns.

Nah, I searched the forum for "Serious Sam" and that returned no results.

Anyway though. Good. I played through TFE and a chunk through TSE but then I stopped. It just got too ridiculous, difficulty wise.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS

Wah? It was the same ole sandy Egyptian sandy sand with a hint of green pasture in the last level only to be greeted by more sandy sand. The secrets were its saving grace, otherwise the dlc was forgettable.

Nah, I searched the forum for "Serious Sam" and that returned no results.

Anyway though. Good. I played through TFE and a chunk through TSE but then I stopped. It just got too ridiculous, difficulty wise.

SS3 is pretty much rockin. Shame I could never get a full 16 player coop game going, most I could ever manage was 2-3 at one time :(

Difficulty in this one is weird. When I first played through it was hard as balls. When I played through a second time on Serious I blazed through it in no time.. which is odd because I still struggle with Serious in TFE and TSE.

Make sure your computer is up to snuff, it can be pretty demanding on Ultra. Like any other SS game though it is very scalable and can be ran on anything within the last couple years.

Wasn't Serious Sam 3 the one that really sucked? Or was it 2? (Not to be confused with The Second Encounter.)

Definitely SS2.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Wah? It was the same ole sandy Egyptian sandy sand with a hint of green pasture in the last level only to be greeted by more sandy sand. The secrets were its saving grace, otherwise the dlc was forgettable.

Still played better than most of the retail levels because there was finally a focus on the LaserGun which is a so nice weapon (there was literally no LaserGun ammo in the vanilla maps, and that sucked ass honestly :\).
And had a legit boss at least, even if it looked one of the regular enemies being oversized, but you didn't have to do stupid shit like picking up an iron bar and throwing it on the back of a huge monster.

EDIT: lol I actually forgot it was about environments. Gathering of the Gods is definitely the nicest retail map visually, for me

My personal opinion, it was enjoyable overall.

BFE is definitely not as hard as TFE, I agree%

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
SS3 is pretty much rockin. Shame I could never get a full 16 player coop game going, most I could ever manage was 2-3 at one time :(
Back in the day, I played some 8-10 man co-op on TFE. Good times indeed. Not exactly challenging though when you got more than 5 people wreaking absolute chaos on the landscape with you. :lol:

Nevzat

Jan 28, 2009
Cyprus
its more frustrating than fun. Because of reloading 100 enemy running towarts to you because of that you are going to die a lot

developers says they bring oh crap moment by adding reloading but its just frustrating

Last edited:

Argus

Spack Jazzrabbit
Feb 13, 2008
Scotland
Serious Sam was good times.
I remember playing TSE as a kid, constantly beating the game over and over on the same level with about 15 other people.. It was a class act.
SS2 tarnished the good name of the series, so I'm glad that SS3 was more than up to snuff.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
And had a legit boss at least, even if it looked one of the regular enemies being oversized, but you didn't have to do stupid shit like picking up an iron bar and throwing it on the back of a huge monster.

Disclaimer: Here comes a toilets fun fact factorama so sit back, relax, and laugh at my har hars.

First time I fought ole fat ass I didn't notice the big ass C4 icon on his belly so I just used conventional means while dying a whole lot to his cannon balls. After a few deaths I said fuck it and ran back to the beginning where you pop out of that water line. That is when I noticed exhibit A "The Bridge", and how Exhibit B "The fat one" could get stuck while trying to walk past said bridge. Needless to say I spent about 30 minutes wailing on him with my pistol, and he was wailing on himself with his cannonballs being rebounded back to him :D

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
a mindless killfest

Not worth the $40

Also, MODS, MODS EVERYWHERE.

If you mean shameless model conversions with bad rigging, and recolored assault rifles with high damage, then that's not very promising for mod capabilities

I don't have BFE, kinda glad I skipped it. There is more appeal to pretentious " omg so oldschool!1!" children to relive the days when they didn't exist, than actual vet gamers due to the 'serious old schol fps' marketing, kinda like how Hard Reset got away with things

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Not worth the $40

If you mean shameless model conversions with bad rigging, and recolored assault rifles with high damage, then that's not very promising for mod capabilities

I don't have BFE, kinda glad I skipped it. There is more appeal to pretentious " omg so oldschool!1!" children to relive the days when they didn't exist, than actual vet gamers due to the 'serious old schol fps' marketing, kinda like how Hard Reset got away with things
Well, modding capabilities and what actual mods have been made are two different things. I heard the games modding capabilities were actually very flexible.

Why would it have more appeal to that audience though?

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Not worth the $40

Except Hard Reset could be beaten in 3-4 hours while SS3 takes your first goer around 10. Hard Reset shouldn't even be mentioned in the same damn sentence as a Serious Sam game as they just do not compare.