Review: UMX Decoder

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jesco

Jul 7, 2001
Hamburg, Germany
forums.beyondunreal.com
[ Transcript of review for UMX Decoder | Posted by Peter on 2002-10-06 | Score: 9.5 ]
Geek Factor?
My very first thought when Peter asked me to look at this plugin for WinAmp was pretty simple: How big a geek do you have to be to want to listen to game music when you're not playing the game? After listening to a few tracks sans explosions, taunts, and bullets whistling past my ear, I'd have to say not too big. Put simply, the plugin works. Every .umx file I have plays fine, and some of them sound pretty good. Most, in fact, were new to me as I usually play with the music off. While I don't think umx is going to replace mp3 anytime soon, if you've ever wondered what those tracks sound like all by themselves, grab this one.

-Daemon