TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I just unlocked a level 8 medigun when playing with the spy. I read up on the interbutt somewhere that you get weapon unlocks from achievements. I'm confused.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I just unlocked a level 8 medigun when playing with the spy. I read up on the interbutt somewhere that you get weapon unlocks from achievements. I'm confused.

emot-ughh.gif

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Here's the weapon I unlocked last night BTW after getting killed playing spy on cp_well. No reason to look back I guess. (See attachement) I'm just guessing they have made level 8 versions of every weapons? And achievements unlocks are level 10 weapons?

Attachments

• buhbye.JPG
    buhbye.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 19

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
Here's the weapon I unlocked last night BTW after getting killed playing spy on cp_well. No reason to look back I guess. (See attachement) I'm just guessing they have made level 8 versions of every weapons? And achievements unlocks are level 10 weapons?
Read the thread.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Read the thread.

Thanks for the solid input. I did search in the thread. I guess it's too hard to give a real answer. Takes what? 3 seconds? When shadow asked some stuff everyone knew about, I took the time to write a post and tell him how things worked.

I'd expect people do the same favor to me in return.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I am starting to like the game the more I play it. I suck balls as a spy, but my niche seems to be with the Heavy and Engineer. I have gotten quite a few words from certain forum members about me planting turrets next to the briefcase :eek:

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
Got all the new unlocks except the dead ringer now. My fave spy one is the cloak and dagger and my fave sniper one is the huntsman, which has made it possible for me to play sniper at least moderately effectively now. Though the Jarate get bonus points for shear hilarity. Can't wait for the engie update.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Thanks for the solid input. I did search in the thread. I guess it's too hard to give a real answer. Takes what? 3 seconds? When shadow asked some stuff everyone knew about, I took the time to write a post and tell him how things worked.

I'd expect people do the same favor to me in return.

The unlock system did originally involve the achievement milestones(And they still work apparently) but now unlocks just happen randomly every now and again whilst playing.
Hence why there are "idle servers"now.

Got all the new unlocks except the dead ringer now. My fave spy one is the cloak and dagger and my fave sniper one is the huntsman, which has made it possible for me to play sniper at least moderately effectively now. Though the Jarate get bonus points for shear hilarity. Can't wait for the engie update.

I have heard a few snipers claim they far prefer the hunstmen now, i've not used it much myself since i unlocked it.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I have heard a few snipers claim they far prefer the hunstmen now, i've not used it much myself since i unlocked it.

I am not sure if it was just pure luck, or huntsman is just ridiculously overpowered.

Scenario Start

I am said sniper doing what I do best. I see a scout come running at me quite a distance away. Now he is double jumping like a sumbitch and moving every which way he can. I aim and shoot, instant headshot. From my viewing angle, the shot shouldnt have it. I mean I just aimed and fired, its like the player sensed the arrow and sniffed it out like a bloodhound.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
I just found my very first item, the samvich. To bad I don't play heavy a lot.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Ok I need to get this explained: How the sandman works?

I seen video of people play with it constantly getting knocks as it hits their target. I've seen my ball ricochet on my target without knocking it, could that be a lag issue of some sort? :confused:

Another thing I really need to know is the knocked time, how long is it? to me it looked like 2-3 seconds MAX on nearly everyone who got affected, I was playing as heavy, I got knocked, then approximately 4 seconds later it was still on, spy stabbed me. :(

Lately it seemed to me as if spies were able to backstab whilst being cloaked. Keep on getting backstabed when playing engineer, I gave up. Either I'm sucking at this engineer thing now, or spies got something really wrong in their upgrade set. I swear I even put myself in wall corners and still get backstabed by someone I never saw coming. :lol:

Last edited:

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
Your not allowed to backstab in stealth... but thats the buff spies desperately need

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
New update today added achievement milestones for sniper and spy, so we can all quit bitching about the random unlock system now.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Is there a BUF steam group? I need to find some of you guys.

Add me on Steam if you haven't already (my account name is zidane2k1 and my nick appears as hyrulian), and I'll invite you. If you've already added me drop me a line next time you see me there. :)

Well I just got a used copy from a friend. I guess now I have to get steam to transfer it over since it says "duplicate key" on the issue of installation to my account.

Steam games can't be transferred to another account, so I hope you didn't pay money for that used copy.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
Turns out I've been finding things without even realizing it. I got the new watch, and I cant wait to try it out. Gunna do that now actually. I hope these new items arent usable only on the server you found them though.