Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Die Another Day-7/10 One of the better Bond flicks. A good attempt at giving the character more grit. Definitely a more edgy British Secret Service approach like the TV show Callan.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Super High Me

The super-size-me experiment gone 4/20. T'was entertaining but I also think documentarys on TV are entertaining so it really depends what movies you prefer. also not too serious(psychic test :) )
Be sure to have some fine bud around, you'll crave it.

Most people I've heard from didn't like it - apparently it's pretty convoluted. Personally I haven't got round to it yet, but based on my love of Donnie Darko I'll probably pick up the DVD at some point.

yes, the movie is convoluted with information you may or may not need(as I said, the story set up feels very philip dickian, the twists too) but that's why I like this movie.

Last edited:
Harold and Kumar Escape From G. Bay: 6.5/10

Basically they followed the same formula from the first one, and it's still got plenty of laugh out loud moments. But if you thought the first one wasn't "your kind of humor" then stay away from this one. For me, while I did like it...it suffers from standard issue Comedy Movie Sequel woes:

1. Many plot element seems similar (This will be the most noticeable).

2. Reversal of objectives (If Harold had a love interest in the first movie, you can rest assured that Kumar has one in the sequel).

3. Joke Continuation (Popular jokes from the first movie get revisited here, which is fine if they are funny and if you've seen the first movie).

And other such things. What was distracting were some of the newer elements. There's a government guy hunting Harold and Kumar after they Escape from G bay early in the movie. He's the bald guy who I THINK is on the Daily Show, and he's really not that funny in the this movie. Also, there's a surprising amount of "mushy" crap toward the end.

Overall, if you liked the first one then give this one a chance. I personally liked it, but Sarah Marshall was a lot funnier.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Harold and Kumar Escape From G. Bay: 6.5/10

Basically they followed the same formula from the first one, and it's still got plenty of laugh out loud moments. But if you thought the first one wasn't "your kind of humor" then stay away from this one. For me, while I did like it...it suffers from standard issue Comedy Movie Sequel woes:

1. Many plot element seems similar (This will be the most noticeable).

2. Reversal of objectives (If Harold had a love interest in the first movie, you can rest assured that Kumar has one in the sequel).

3. Joke Continuation (Popular jokes from the first movie get revisited here, which is fine if they are funny and if you've seen the first movie).

And other such things. What was distracting were some of the newer elements. There's a government guy hunting Harold and Kumar after they Escape from G bay early in the movie. He's the bald guy who I THINK is on the Daily Show, and he's really not that funny in the this movie. Also, there's a surprising amount of "mushy" crap toward the end.

Overall, if you liked the first one then give this one a chance. I personally liked it, but Sarah Marshall was a lot funnier.

the prequel is my favourite stoner movie and I've been waiting for this one to show up for a while. Gonna have to look if I have to wait another decade
before this movie gets released oor if I can find a shortcut.

ShakeZula

Nov 9, 2005
Cheshire, England
superbad (like a dozen times): 10/10

i mean i can criticize it a little... the climax to the seth/jules storyline was pretty tame (accidental headbutts have been done enough) and it was kinda slow in parts, but the characters and dialogue and physical acting were all amazing, i actually can't stop watchin this movie

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I Am Legend-8/10. I'm rating this highly not because it is the best futuristic story told on film or because it is "Omega Man" on steroids but because, in my opinion, this is one of the best performances I have seen Will Smith deliver.

I watched this on DVD yesterday. It's a good film with no pretentions whatsoever. I mark it highly also. As for it being a remake of Omega Man, I don't remember that film but it does remind me of "The Last Man On Earth" featuring Vincent Price.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Superbad: 8/10

I was pleasantly surprised with this movie. I knew it was going to be funny, but I honestly didn't have very high hopes, and it turned out pretty good. Even my wife, who generally hates stupid comedies, enjoyed it. The penis bit, however, was ****ing brilliant.

~Jason

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
No Country For Old Men-5/10

This movie made no sense to me at all. If it is the tracking of the guy with the money with the tracker in the bag(that can only really see its target from a 1000 feet away(give or take)) or the stupid way they ended it. I mean how can the guy always know where he is with nothing and how the hell did that one cowboy guy know that the money was over the fence in the field(the tracker was no longer in the bag)? Come on at least try to explain things as you go along the story. The tracker had very little to do with any of it.

The ending pissed me off. What exactly happened to the guy with money? Was he dead on the floor at that motel or what? What the hell is up with that random ass accident at the end? Was that set up by the guy with the money or Mexicans or what? Did the killer kill his wife? Why was the sheriff narrating at the beginning like he got the killer, but at the end of the movie he was retired and never got the guy? Answer the damn questions when you end a movie dammitt.

Yeah, making sense is part of it. You make a movie that raises more questions then it answers you lose points.

Last edited: