Lemons server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Why do you play on this server ?

• i like new maps

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • I like new mutators (like IBT)

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • I like DTAS

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Good ping on it

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Populated server

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Updates frequent

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Admin is sexy

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
EvilExp said:
LEMON and WP makers or somebody, anyone AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. During 10 maps or more i killed ppl only by clay - i just can't kill anyone cause when i see one, he shoots, then i drop my weapon, so i can't shoot at all. PLEASE turn off this weapon drop feature. In TDM on FOOLS i play well. So this is because of ping or this feature i don't know. Just stupid and not interesting. CAN U leave this only just if one falls from big altitude, not when one shoot another.

2. Can u increase smoke durance? Twice or trice (better).

3. If one wounded, he drop blood and set blood steps on a flor, if u survive and go to next round - step also go this new round. Repair this please.

4. Decrease back G3A3 recoil - it is just impossible, horrable and laggy - WP makers (or who did this) make unuseble one of my favorite weapons.

5. Decrease Flag contact distance. It is stupid, when attakers can reach flag staying at first flor of building, when flag is on teh roof.

6. Decrease surviveness!!!

Sum: I played whole evening and i'm in bad mood of this play. If one would biatching, i never will read this tread again, so never try.

Well...

1. The "drop weapon" weapon feature is part of IBT, from my own exp. it seems not to do it each time i take a bullet, IMO its fun and not so unrealistic, i would remind that IBT still in beta, actualy this not provide an ini configuration file to disable some features, so i would continue to support this mutator since this server is the only one that does.

2. Not sure,for me, those "soft smokes" nades (part of IBT?) kill my FPS, so actualy i dont like them so much. I would hear other players about it since that's the first request about smoke nades time.

3. Yes, that's a known bug, but in fact its not really a bug but an UT mutator so it doesn't reset players states each rounds (no rounds in ut), it seems not to annoy players, i leave it on server because i would have a coder to look at it :D
IMO its fun and not so unrealistic, but again i would hear other players about it.

4. This goes to coders, you should ask in the proper forum.

5. First time this request comes, DTAS carry default settings on this server and same for others IMO so i would hear other players opinion.

6. ?

Thanks for your interest.

EvilExp

Cookie Demon
Oct 13, 2005
Moscow, Russia
Lemon, i don't know realistic or not, i just see how i play. I can describe it. For example, i see just a top half (!) of enemy player's helmet, which rise above hill border, i aim and shoot - no effect while this enemy with easyness shoot me and 2 other guys, who stands near me (not behind, not infront - they stand left and not very close). But this case is not very often. Futher more often case is when i shoot enemy - exactly and precisely aiming before shoot, but he just doesn't die, he turns around, shoots me, i drop my weapon and i'm dead. I describe what i see. Just see. In all duels 1 on 1, this drop weapon crap appears always(!). I see enemy infront - we shoot each other SAME time, and only me drop weapon - other guy doesn't. WHY? I reapeat, in FOOLS server i can play very well and i repeat that whole evening yesterday during many maps i couldn't kill anyone by anything else biside clay. I try to explain this in the way of ping, for example, i see enemy and start to aim, but because of ping difference enemy already shoot, and when signal from my comp reaches the server, apear, that enemy already got me at least one bullet - this enaugh to drop my weapon, so make your resume.

Last edited:

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
So you're complaining that you do not perform online as you'd like to ? And what exact changes do you suggest in order to have a few more kills ?

EvilExp

Cookie Demon
Oct 13, 2005
Moscow, Russia
I can add the sum, with this "weapon drop" feature ping difference balance has been greatly disbalanced in favour of players with better ping. Other my points (2-6) are just consequences and petitions to u to make some else way to win if one like me can't kill normal because of point 1.

EvilExp

Cookie Demon
Oct 13, 2005
Moscow, Russia
Dunno, it differs day by day. Today all looked good and i played well, it seemed to me that on the contrary some other guys always have had that drop weap problem. Ping scale ingame is not very precise - short ping rises (spikes) it doesn't represent, just average ping.

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
[PDX]StevenGarcia said:
[...] For some reason I tend to warp repeatedly (with ping of 209) back to a starting postition so that I can't really move about on a map much. [...]

I lived this problem with a ping under 40 (lan) on my server, it was happening at the end of a jogg, server moves me back to the start of the jogg position and only on particular places of the map (hills specialy), very annoying, i fixed this with old INIs (Infiltration.ini & UnrealTournament.ini) i used to tweak long time ago, so there must be a setting to adjust but i don't know which one.

Not sure if it's the same problem for you but a good thing is to ask Sir Losus (which has a ping around 250 on this server) if he lives the same problem else i could send you my INIs to compare.

Your welcome ! This server carries few objectives:
- First, no one would blame the admin (my best shield ;)) since it only reflects people requests. I try to do the most democratic server.
- Lots of effort to bring new pleasures (new maps or rarely played, new mutators,etc)
- The will to support developpment (IBT, Don's modified maps :p ,etc)

I would use this post again to remind you all that all infos, updates details are the the first post of this thread.
Quick access with the link into my sig !

Thx for your interest. :)

Last edited:

EvilExp

Cookie Demon
Oct 13, 2005
Moscow, Russia
BTW, my best regards to u, Lemon, 4 your work and teh server itself! I know that it is hard to solve my trouble, cause i think it origins from my comp and my connection. Ty anyway for answers and participation. This problem:
"it was happening at the end of a jogg, server moves me back to the start of the jogg position and only on particular places of the map (hills specialy)" always appear at my other comp with less memory (128 only) and which is connected to ADSL modem through switch. Often it appears when i come from tiny tunnels (etc.) to open wide places of a map. May be it concerned with "min desired frame rate" or i dunno at all...

Steven, ty - i knew that such avatar would be a bit wierd to these forums, so i find this a little funny... It's history: One unknown girl at one forum asked community to paint pictures of her - as everybody imagine her. So this is one of my pictures of her...

Where i should post these petitions bout recoil and smoke durance? At infmodteam? I just don't know.

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Ok, here a list of changes (+/-) for the next update, i wait replies for all your suggestions.

Mutator:
+ New40mm

Maps:
- Platoon

? :
+UTDC

I will update this post with your replies. Before requesting to add a map, consider that map count limit is 32 so suggest also one to remove.

Last edited:

CampersDaz

Dec 24, 2002
Visit site
I agree with Midwinter. If you want a small fun-map, where you have a chance of playing DTAS-matches, then you might take a look at Sleepy Town. And what about ADV-Stoneforts? Imho this map is better suited for UT than INF. I suggest this map: DM-INF-Trapped or EAS-INF-Iraq (i prefer Iraq).

€dit: Can you change the camos (the desert one) on Concrete Jungle?

Last edited:

EvilExp

Cookie Demon
Oct 13, 2005
Moscow, Russia
Lemon, i've discovered, that recoil of G3A3 is high only at your server, at FOOLs - it's less like earlier. I think, this is ibt mod influence. He he, somehow a bit strange to play with G3A3 at the yours after FOOL's one. But it is ok - i just try don't use this gun anymore cause it is not comfortable at all now - especcially with that recoil from server-to-server difference.

BTH

Dickcheese Faggot
Nov 12, 2005
Spain
Long Live IBT, dont listen to Evilexp ;) (Sorry Sascha:p, the new recoil is better). Altough you are right that server to server difference is horrible with the G3 and the M4... but i only play in lemon's now
Btw, Lemon, can you fill the gaps from the ****ty maps removed with official and DS maps? There's so many maps ive been seeing for 5 years now and only been able to play them against bots.

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
bleh i wasnt alowed to vote =/ well long live ibt ,servers which doesnt use it sucks end of story :D

Last edited:

hara

Where's my backup?
Aug 24, 2004
I suggest:

Remove: DM-747Siege and DM-LS-Dusty
Add: Kosovo Night and The Flood

:)

edit: your server rocks

Last edited:

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
Mutator:
+ New40mm

Maps:
- Platoon
- "hovercraft in the sea" <- Notice that's Midwinter opinion :p
- DM-747Siege
- DM-LS-Dusty
- TheUnderGround ?

+ Kosovo Night
+ The Flood
+ Sleepy Town
+ DM-INF-Trapped
+ EAS-INF-Iraq

Core :
+UTDC

Divers :
*change the camos (the desert one) on Concrete Jungle
*update dtas settings code in InfoPost (the changes are old, won't affect this update)

----------------------------------------------------------
To all
So baaaad, i thought it was possible to do more than one Poll per thread :( Crowze, is there a way to remove it ?
Else now, i know what i should work on (guys, i knew i am sexy and modest, thx anyway :p)

To CamperDaz:
Adv-StoneForts is on server since a while :p (except if you talk about another version i dunno)

To EvilExp
Can't help you, sorry :)

To BTH
This server already carries few EAS DS and Officials maps, it really helps me when i have the name of maps to remove or add :)

To Don
Sincerly and IMO, ConcreteJungle is the most interesting map i ever played, it's big with tons of places to hide a flag and its dark, it will take time for us to know the whole map and it's a good thing, Subway helps to travel across the map so you could simply removes playerspawns from one side of the subway, dunno. I would keep it on server until you fix it (+elevators) or if most of you ask to remove it :)

To Hara
Thanks ;)

Ok, there's 1 map to remove again to reach 32 maps,
i suggest to remove TheUnderGround since we can't reach a part of the map...
Server will be updated in few hours or more if server have players.
Thx for your participation.

Last edited:

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
lemon im glad you like it, thats the reason i look for new maps. i though some people may hate it. its cool then. ill fix it later.. for the moment not much ued.