UT3 2.0 Patch and Titan Pack Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Demoguy is fixed, you need to enable Precache skins for this to go away.
And doesn't MapMixer provide bot roster functionality?

Nice find, Luther :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Demoguy might also show up if your precache skins ini thing is set lower than the number of players on the server.

thinsoldier

Jul 30, 2008
I don't think so. The bots have been distinctly rebalanced and now they pose a challenge without being unfair. This makes the game more fun all around for me.

I agree. I've been able to raise the bot difficulty above where I normally had it and they no longer just stand there waiting to be killed or pummel me with relentless accuracy while dodging everything I throw at them like Neo in the matrix. It's a nice in-between feeling. They can still be total morons in vehicles sometimes tho. And the NEVER gang up on Titans to try to bring them down. And the never go through the titan doorway in that new ctf map. That there is kinda dumb.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I don't think so. The bots have been distinctly rebalanced and now they pose a challenge without being unfair. This makes the game more fun all around for me.

Yeah I noticed this too. Campaign on normal hasn't been as big an issue as it was before (ie. I'm owning me some bots)

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Hmm, I've noticed a strange thing: I usually win fights in UT2004 with Masterful bots, yet even Average bots on UT3 win. That's on Beta Demo though.

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
I agree. I've been able to raise the bot difficulty above where I normally had it and they no longer just stand there waiting to be killed or pummel me with relentless accuracy while dodging everything I throw at them like Neo in the matrix. It's a nice in-between feeling. They can still be total morons in vehicles sometimes tho. And the NEVER gang up on Titans to try to bring them down. And the never go through the titan doorway in that new ctf map. That there is kinda dumb.

yeah, the game has been majorly improved in the bot area, but i don't think epic has bot-tested morbid very well :p
They never use the door, and when playing greed it isn't uncommon to find the whole blue team rolling around on the floor in the flag room.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I don't know why but I liked the old bots....:p

UndeadRoadkill

Mar 26, 2001
I can't download the titan pack without a download manager, my connection sucks too much. When I try to use a download manager for the bu link, I just get a 403. Is there a way to get around this?

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
yeah, the game has been majorly improved in the bot area, but i don't think epic has bot-tested morbid very well :p
They never use the door, and when playing greed it isn't uncommon to find the whole blue team rolling around on the floor in the flag room.

They also get stuck in Turbine.
All in all, give me always normal bots and not aimbots :)

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
I can't download the titan pack without a download manager, my connection sucks too much. When I try to use a download manager for the bu link, I just get a 403. Is there a way to get around this?

if you're in europe, there's always clubic (french site with amazing DL speeds, and which supports download managers)
titan pack
patch

click "lancer le telechargement" and it should be good.

os][ris

May 10, 2006
Now I have another problem. I started downloading the updates through steam but 2 days later it still wasn't finished. So I downloaded the updates from an external site. So now my steam console still says it's downloading the update but I've already installed it. Also when i try to run the game from steam it says that the game is unavailable. Probably because it still thinks it needs to download the update.

Does anyone know how to stop it from downloading and show that it's updated since I downloaded the files outside of Steam.