Looks like the Mars Earth Probe Defense Force may have scored another one...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MetalMickey

Banned
Jul 30, 2000
Dublin
Man, if these martians dont let us look around exactly where we want and when we want, we are just gonna have to invade.

:p

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
They're probably hiding lots of WMD's up there as well ... so the americans might as well invade for the good of the Martians
;)

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Well, good thing a second one is on its way. I'm so happy that the first rover (a 10 million dollar program) worked for many weeks while this one seems to have died (over 100 million, iirc) died an abysmal failure before it was finished. :) Whee.

Saladin

Fez Toting Warrior!
Jul 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
home.attbi.com
i can imagine this
th.fe2cd9532dd97171ef790591bb259aa1

lol but hey, thatd be as logical as invading a country on false pretesnes.

Cold Killer

I will Kill Bill
Feb 24, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
What is that?

Anyways, I'm certain that there's a race of isolationists up there that destroy every machine that we're sending. Either that or a bunch of Martian cavemen who break the things apart for raw materials...

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Intresting piece on the NASA mission:
Mars Buggy 'May Have Landed in Mud-Like Material'
Pictures from Nasa’s roving Mars buggy have astonished scientists by indicating that it may have landed in mud.

Strange marks near the Spirit rover’s landing site suggest that against all the odds there be might liquid water on or just beneath the surface of Mars.

The water would have to be very salty to avoid freezing or evaporating in the harsh Martian conditions.

If the scientists’ suspicions are confirmed it would be the clearest sign yet that lakes and oceans once existed on Mars, and greatly increase the chances of life.

The presence of water in the Martian soil could even mean that the Viking Mars landers really did detect life on the planet in 1976.

Positive results from the Viking experiments were dismissed when it was realised they could have been produced by an inorganic chemical process. But mud on Mars would rule out this explanation for the strange findings.

The mystery stems from a small disturbed patch of ground very close to the lander, New Scientist reported today.

Dubbed the “magic carpet”, it was made by the lander’s airbags scraping across the soil.

But its appearance has taken scientists completely by surprise. Instead of breaking or cracking, as dry soil would be expected to do, the surface seems to have flowed and folded as if wet.

Science team leader Steven Squyres said: “It looks like mud, but it can’t be mud.”

Pure water cannot exist at the low temperatures and pressures found on Mars – it would either freeze or evaporate away.

But scientists say that is not true of brine. If the water contained enough salt, it could be stable.

Not sure if it's true I've not seen it anyware else.
-how.